Saturday, August 11, 2012

Answers to comments

First off I want to thank everyone for their kind comments and prayers for us. Janet I wish I had your email address. There is so much that I would love to tell you privately. Your question about more children is completely natural or at the very least a question that I would have asked me too. I am not sure what God's plan is for us. It may just include more children. If that were the case I would not be surprised and I would welcome them with an open heart. You are a very sweet person.

Becoming debt free is not an easy task but one that I am committed to in order to ensure our future. I have been following the Dave Ramsey method of debt management. It is hard but doable. I know that it seems like I do a lot of stuff but I save in other areas. For instance I am not big into fashion much of what I wear I have had for too many years (insert laughter and a big sigh from my family). I actually have a few of my original uniforms from 20 years ago that I still wear on occasion. Some of Anna's clothes are bought second hand. Many of the activities that we have done this past summer are ones that I got a deal on from Living Social or Groupon. I have learned to use coupons to make my money stretch. I stopped using credit cards years ago and got into the habit of using my debt card. I want to get back into the habit of using cash instead of my debt card now.

Julie W. I am SOOOO happy that your husband has a choice of job offers. This is a blessing. I could not be happier for you and your family. I knew it would happen.

Ms. Elaine, yes I have considered a mastectomy as well as removing my ovaries. I believe that within the next 5 years I will have both of these surgeries done but I am researching which doctors I want to have preform the surgery. There are many different types of mastectomies that I could have preformed and the type that I am looking to have done is called a DIEP flap. The short version of this is my skin and fat from my abdomen would be what the surgeon would use to reconstruct my breasts. This is not a very common way to do this but I would prefer to not have implants. I am glad you asked this question because having a mastectomy and removing my ovaries significantly reduces my chance of developing cancer by like 90%. Since I used some of my family medical leave already this year when I cut off my finger I am cautious to schedule any elective surgery that could have a complication that would require me to be out longer then the allotted leave that I have left. My family medical leave will be back up to 12 weeks in April of 2013. God willing that I am able to wait that is my first choice.

The subject of Gerard's face on the blog. Janet, I have talked to Gerard about you and your story. We think you are amazing. Actually everyone who has left a comment on the blog with their name we have talked about. Some how you all feel like family. When I told him about you wanting to see his picture he responded with "Why? We are all going to be on a cruise to together in a couple of months anyway. I will just meet everyone then in person." He is so silly. If I post a picture it will be only for a short time then I will remove the post. He is so shy. Believe me I ask him every chance I get if I can put his picture on the blog.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

We consider you family too. As for Gerard, I won't see him next year on the cruise-just not doable. I was hoping to go to Disney to meet you guys but we'll have to wait and see. So, if you post his photo let me know. I'm quite curious to see the man that Anna calls Daddy!
Melissa

MtnGirl said...

Would he agree to letting you email a family picture to us who comment on the blog? Or would that make him skittish?

JennStar said...

LOL! You know that's one of the fun pulls to heading over to Orlando next year. I'd totally take a picture of him and disguise it with a basketball or something ;o) (only if he was good with that, of course!)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You are an amazing friend/sister, and family. I think it's cute that Gerard has remaine "Mr. Wilson" all these years. Of course, I've seen him in person!!!

God bless!! Ever in my prayers.

Janet said...

Joy, I sent you an e-mail with my e-mail address. Janet

Ms. Elaine said...

Oh me! How did I miss that you cut off your finger. I check in on your blog all the time! I love catching up with Anna. When the time is right, you will make the right choice. I too would not really want implants. As far a Gerard...he can remain Mr. Wilson if that makes him feel better....!!!

Julie said...

Thanks for your well wishes!! It is still amazing to me that he has a real job!! Just wanted to say I love all those pix of Anna in August. She is growing more and more beautiful right before our eyes!

Yes, I hope to see the elusive Mr. Wilson. Hope I check your blog at the right time!!