Monday, August 20, 2012

We added another horse to the collection

Yesterday we played in the waves, swam in the pool ate ribs (or should I say I did, Anna ate corn) and made it to Broadway by the Bay. I have mixed emotions about stuffed animals. For some reason she has a number of them but really only plays with about 3 of them. I love the concept of Build a Bear but hate the thought of having another stuffed animal at home. I think when Anna goes back to school we will be thinning out some of her toys to include the stuff animals.

Believe me it would be so much easier to have Gerard do it but I am afraid that he will throw out an important toy which he has in the past. I just can not look at the toys little faces without thinking about the Toy Story movies. I know it is silly.

As we walked around Broadway by the Bay we came upon the Build a Bear. She has been asking to do this for some time so I figured now is the best time. We entered the store and that is when she spotted the horse which made me feel better about buying because I know she will play with it. In fact we slept with it last night. I got lucky because Anna is not much into dressing up her stuffed animals yet so all she wanted was a saddle. I got off cheap at 27 dollars (with a coupon).

I took a couple of pictures with my phone and I could not help but to chuckle when I took one that reminded me of Gerard.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I also have mixed filling about stuffed animals! Hope that you send them to the salvation army or goodwill! Hope to see a picture of Anna's bear!Janet

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Thinning out the toys is never easy. . .we're in the process of doing just that at our house! Aidan is allowed to choose three trucks to keep. . 3!!! tha's it. And the stuffed animal thing. sheesh! I put them in another room to sneak out of the house and then find them back in Aidan's room! I need a new hiding place. . .

Melissa said...

We thinned out a bunch for the move but there are so many stuffed animals. Yes, I admit, they were mostly mine. Lots from Build-a-Bear but what could I do when students ask me to go there for birthday parties! Everytime I try to get rid of toys Colby or Mike say no. Colby will start playing with them again. Ugh!
Melissa