Thursday, December 22, 2011

A week in review

What a weekend! Okay I know it is actually Wednesday but what a weekend we had. Saturday, the plan was to have my family over for pizza and a Christmas craft at 2 pm. Due to my lack of sleep we pushed it back to 5pm which I will publicly say Gerard was right.

Everyone arrived at my house around 5-6pm. We laughed for hours. We ordered pizzas instead of making a big dinner. The children could hardly contain when they saw the presents under the tree. I think the funniest thing is watching Anna and Sloan trying to find their names on the presents. Aristotle who is in the third grade questioned "Why are some of these gifts from Santa?" Just as he was saying this the big man himself showed up on the fire truck. Anna keeps telling us he comes on a truck not a sleigh.

I did make my family partake in a Christmas craft. It was a simple one I saw on Pinterent. As soon as it was dry I pulled out the hammer, and hung it up. I do want to hot glue a red ribbon on the edge.

We gave Jaime and Greg the night off, and kept Hans over night with us. He was so cute in the morning waking up. I love hearing Anna interact with her cousins. She is so loving and bossy all at the same time. I did have to stop Anna a couple of times because she was trying to put Hans into time-out.

Sunday we sent the day with my sister and her two boys, Sloan and Aristotle. Sloan is just 5 months younger than Anna. Sloan is such a sweet boy. They spent the night Sunday and Monday. The three little ones were sick. Sloan threw up actually all over me as Hans and Anna watched. We found out that Anna will throw up in sympathy. I asked her what happened and she describes it as "I sick, like a dragon."

Anna was the first up of course and woke the rest of them up too. I heard Anna tell Sloan, "I the teacher, you be the audience." Anna always prefers to be the teacher which makes me laugh. She was going through her flash cards with him.

In all, the week has been very busy. Anna's blood work came back...all normal! Thank God! Anna did wake me up with pains in her legs again tonight, I gave her some Tylenol, and she fell back to sleep. I have been so blessed to be able to be off for the past couple of days. I know once the new year starts that is when the pace will pick up again.


Anna at the dentist. She would only go if I put on a Rudolph nose. Her cheeks are red from the fifths disease.


Santa, Hans, Jaime, and Greg. I had the camera so again no pictures of me...sigh.



Sloan, Anna, and I made cut outs of our hands one morning and decorated them with "sparkles." I have a really cute picture of Sloan but Jackie prefers that I not put the boys on the blog.

To say Anna is excited about Santa coming is a complete under statement. I think I am going to try to get it on video this year. So that is it for now. I hope to be able to get the salt dough ornaments done today. As I was putting pictures into this post I realized that I did not take any pictures of our crafts with my real camera only my phone. Those of you who are friends of mine on FB have already seen the crafts. I hope to picture them all today if I remember, get a chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see the craft!! Still love your blog!! Hope your Christmas was filled with JOY!!