Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All aboard! Who ate the Gingerbread man and I have a snowman in my kitchen

I should know better then to not buy extra tickets. I am one of those crazy people who do love to plan some things in advance, like months in advance. So this past August I started asking who wanted to go on a train ride with Santa with us. Funny I did not get too many people who were as excited about a train ride with Santa in August...hmm...wonder why. So I only bought 14 tickets but then needed more so I sent Me-Me and La-La after a few more. We still did not have enough...sigh. I will not lie I am thinking of buying the whole train next year.

In the end it all worked out and we ended up knowing about 25 of the 60 or so people on the train at Allaire State park. The ride was only about 20 minutes long but it was still a bunch of fun. My friend Karen and her Grand daughter Ava were there and I got some cute shots of Ava talking with Santa. My other friend's (Patti) grandson and two of her children were also on the train. JoanMarie, Eddie and AM made the train too. I just love doing these kind of things together as a family.

We will not all be able to be together for Christmas so I enjoy the activities leading up to Christmas as much as I can. Pictures you ask? Well here they are.

Hans and Anna


Papa chasing Anna

Wayne (my nephew) and Kerri his girlfriend

Hans was so excited that I am thinking we will have to take a trip to see Thomas the Train

Nanny

La-La and Aunt Jenny

Anna with Santa


No pictures of me because I got to hold JoanMarie on the train.

I guess why I love these planned events so much is usually an unplanned event also crops up. The following day a bunch of us got together to make ginger bread houses. Anna has been reading the story about the ginger bread man in school so she was very excited for this project. One of the kit came with a little gingerbread man that she promptly eat. When she does stuff like that it just makes me laugh.
Jim Dear



Samantha (Jim Dear's niece)and La-La









We laughed, and decorated our houses but most importantly we made memories as a family. Ones that I will cherish for a long time. I am hoping everyone can make it on Thursday were I plan on making them all paint with their feet. Got to love pinterest for the Christmas crafts.

Speaking of pinterest I transformed my refrigerator into a super cute snowman. Less then 5 dollars worth of felt and I got two snowmen out of the deal.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! We didn't make it to the train ride here, maybe next year. We soon became so busy that I haven't even started baking cookies. I love watching Christmas through Colby's eyes. The wonder of a child!
Melissa

Janet said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun! As always I love the pictures! I love how you did your frig. so cute! Janet

Rachel said...

I haven't dropped in for awhile. Anna looks so big and pretty.