Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bingo...B...I...N...G...O

This song has been in my head for the last two days. I am thinking about switching it up with a version of If your happy and you know. Why you ask because this marks day 3 of Anna being home from school sick.

I am blessed because first off I have been off all week so I have not had to struggle to find someone to watch Anna, and I actually have had a lot of fun with her even though she is sick. Anna has a virus called fifths disease. Which is cold like symptoms, chapped, puffy lips, and feeling a little tired. There is a rash that is described as looking like a slapped face. This could also a count for the pain in her joints. Although she is no longer contagious, Anna's teacher is pregnant, and I want to error on the side of waiting to return her to school. Once you have an immunity to fifths disease you should be good for life which I usually do not believe.

Yesterday we had another visit with the dentist. I did not have a level of comfort with the dentist that we visited with in November and made the decision that if I have to pay completely out of pocket for this visit I would. Anna has a few dental issues but this is something that we have been battling for a while. The enamel on Anna's teeth did not form properly. Anna needs some work done that is not an emergency but rather then putting her through 4-6 visits with sedation in the office we are opting to have her work done in one visit at the hospital.

As a nurse I feel way more comfortable with her being sedated in a hospital rather then in a doctor's office. There is also the advantage of being an employee at the hospital because I will be able to stay with her as long as possible. Those are the benefits of working in one hospital for as long as I have. So at the end of January Anna is scheduled for our total oral rehab.

I still hope to be able to do a few crafts with Anna today because she is feeling a little better. Yesterday we did decorate our tree which Anna loved. She has been redecorating it most of the morning. The funny thing is she will move a couple of ornaments then stand back and say "Looks perfect!"

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thankfully the song didn't stick in my head but I must say seeing that post yesterday brightened up an otherwise depressing day. Thanks for the smile.
Hope Anna feels better soon and I definitely sympathize with you. Although I enjoyed my time off from work this week, it was hectic dealing with Colby and having his schedule put all out of whack. Hopefully we can return to "normal" until next week and then we will both be off for Winter break.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hope our little sweetie is feeling better soon!

Sorry about the song. . .I know how it is. . .Twinkle Twinkle little star was a one hit wonder for about a week!

Trying to catch up on on my stuff since we were gone at a crucial baking time!! Ahhh!!! Gotta go. . .beeper beeping.

Anonymous said...

Hope y'all get to feeling better soon. sounds like anna is starting her interior decorating career early. :-)