Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Preferences

As I waited for Anna to be brought to the door at school for pick up today it struck me that she has preferences. I know this sounds crazy but when Anna first came home much of what she wore and did was determined by me. I have friends who are laughing at me right now because they kept telling me that this would happen.

Anna prefers Gerard to pick her up from school. I am sure that it has to do with when he does pick her up instantly she knows that there is a play ground or Papa in her immediate future. She loves to drive in his truck.

Anna's favorite musician so far is James Taylor. I would play this when she was first home and sing to her when she was upset. I think it is amazing that she remembers this music. Anna likes to pick out her pajamas and in fact stay in her pajamas all day if I would let her.

Anna loves to sit on my lap during dinner. Anna loves when Gerard and I are both home for cozy time and prefers that we sit on the smaller of the two sofas together. Anna calls sitting on my lap "the nest."

I guess why I am writing this is just over 2 years ago a met a little girl who seemed to like me but was cautious. She looked for my approval, She was quiet even though I felt like she was my daughter, she was not.

Today as I was dressing Anna for school she told me. "Mama love you." I admit I am shameless and tell Anna that I love her all the time. I want her to know that I love her and telling her is just one way.

When Anna first came home she had no preference for me verses any other woman. Today is so much different. I could never have imagined how good this would feel to see her little face or hear her call my name.

I guess I have a preference too. I so prefer being her Mama then being childless. Thank you God for this some times difficult, sad and long journey because the reward is far better then I could have imagined.


March 12, 2009


March 12, 2011

6 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Attachment is a wonderful, wonderful experience!! I'm thrilled for you and Anna.

And, she's my kind of girl - I LOVE pj days :)

cm

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Time is all it takes!! and the constancy of Mama. . .and love. So happy things are better now!

Melissa said...

Great news on two years.We've made it. It does take awhile to develop that mommy/child bond but the adventure to it is amazing.
Melissa

Ms. Elaine said...

wow! it has been that long that I have been reading your blog! time has flown....cherish every moment. She is coming into her own haveing her own preferences! Hard for the mom when we want them to dress a certain way but oh so good for the child! Pick your battles....pjs for the day can be ok!

Alex Brown said...

Nothing is better than hearing their sweet voice tell you that they love you! :-)

Janet said...

Nothing is so great as to hear our kids tell us they love us! Now I have Grand Children who do! Love the pictures of you and Anna! Can tell you both have come along way! Makes me very happy for both of you! Janet