Saturday, March 26, 2011

Have you ever been called a hippo...

And liked it. Now one thing I am honest about is that I care a little extra weight around. I always say that darn night shift will do it every time. While I waited for Anna to come into my life I gained weight. Nope this is not something I am proud of but it is the facts. I had gain a total of 30 lbs. Yikes did I just write that out.

After Anna came home I had started a walking routine mostly so that she would fall asleep for an hour or so. We walked everyday for a couple of months then the weather got cold and the walking stopped. During those walking months I had lost a ton of weight, 40 lbs to be exact. Since I have stopped walking the weight has crept back on, 20 lbs to be exact.

Again this is not something that I am proud of mostly because I have struggled all my adult life with my weight. So when Anna sat in my lap the other day and patted me she said

"Mama hippo"

I could feel myself getting upset. Then she patted herself and said

"Anna hippo...Daddy hippo"

She gets it that we are a family. As the days have passed I have been a Mama hippo, Mama bear and Mama duck. Getting the concept of a family unit can be a hard thing for any little child but knowing that Anna gets it is just another amazing thing that she has learned.

Yes, I do believe this is the first and only time I have liked no I mean love being called a hippo.

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Too cute!!! I wouldn' mind it either. : ) And you look fine to me!

Beth said...

So cute. My 5 year old told me a couple of weeks ago maybe I should go on Biggest Losser!! Out of the mouths of babes

Janet said...

Oh Anna is too cute with what she says! Just love it1 When my daughter was little she got the neighbor kids to call me Big Mama!

Melissa said...

Very cute. It is so fun watching their little minds work. So much to learn. And I think you look good too.
Melissa