Monday, March 21, 2011

Puzzles











Puzzles are a big thing in our house. I admit I love puzzles but in recent years I have not made nearly enough time to sit and do a puzzle. I have always thought when I make a quilt it is very much like a puzzle so maybe I have made time to puzzle. I love how when Anna puts a puzzle together you can see her thinking about which piece fits where.
Anna is up to putting together 100 piece puzzles on her own. We have a 300 piece puzzle that her and I put together of St. Basil's cathedral. I love that when we put puzzles together we talk. I think that staying connected is important. I often wonder how I will talk to Anna about being adopted.

Adoption is not much different then a puzzle. Without one piece, Anna's birth parents, the puzzle is not complete. Without love and respect for Anna's birth parents our family puzzle is not complete. Some puzzles are small some puzzles are bigger. Our family puzzle is just a little bigger then others.

No comments: