Sunday, March 27, 2011

Do you dream?

My dreams when I sleep are very vivid. I remember once as a child my Father was very sick. We were told he may not make it through the night. I am pretty sure I was in the 8th grade. I dreamt that night of a man who looked similar to my Father but I knew he was not. This strange man arrived in a car I did not recognize. This man and I played together, then in my dream I was sick with a fever. This man cared for me as my Father would. He then looked at me and said "Your Father will be fine." The following morning my Father was fine.

When I was traveling to Russia or waiting for news about Anna my younger sister would look up and see this same man staring at her. He would nod at her she would look away then he was gone. The significances here is my sister is an over the road truck driver who can be in many different states all in one week. Since Anna has been home she has not seen him again.

tonight,I could hear Gerard getting ready for work but was not quite awake. Tonight Gerard came in to give Anna and I each a kiss, which is unusual. I tried to tell him I was dreaming and that in my dream there was a car parked behind his truck in our driveway. I went from seeing Gerard kissing us back deep into my dream where I was following Gerard out the door to tell him about this car. The car in my dream was gone but as I turned around I saw my Father. I asked my Father about the car and he told me "I have been looking for you." My Father was upset and I was trying to comfort him.

I was awakened to the phone ringing, it was Gerard telling me that he wanted to tell me he loved me. He told me that I looked like I was dreaming and he wanted to make sure I was okay. I guess his response is from so many years of dreaming and awakening in a panic or tears.

I wonder what my Father was tring to tell me? I feel sad that he was so distressed tring to find me. I know it was just a dream but it seemed so real. My hope for tonight is to get some sleep if I can. Night, night.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

VERY interesting! Let us know if you hear back from your father. . .