Tuesday, December 14, 2010

When it is cold you should...

...think about those pictures from the water park! The weather here has been cold, no snow like in other parts of the country but cold never the less. The gas burning stove has made a big difference in our house. I love the way our living room is warm and toasty.

I have a confession, every year when it starts to get cold out I start to think about being some place warm in March or February. I would just love to shed the coats and be in flip flops again. Okay I am still wearing the flip flops but my feet are colder in the winter. I was looking at airfare to Florida the other night and found a deal. I have not booked it because I want a guarantee that the weather will be nice and be able to swim. Perhaps I will go in April but I do have a trip somewhat planned for Missouri in the first 2 weeks of May so I am torn with booking anything right now.

What is a girl to do when it is so cold out. I know go pick up those Disney pictures from the water park from our trip in September. In Typhoon Lagoon they had an area that was perfect for Anna including a slide on a tube. I liked it because I was able to put her on it, Gerard was able to stand at the bottom. The best part was I was able to walk along side her the entire trip down.

Most of the pictures were very over developed but I have a few that I still love. I completely forgot that I had put these in for processing and was a touch sad to realize that I did not include them in her birthday book but after seeing them I am okay with them not being in the book. I will put them in her Fall of 2010 book.





Yes that is "Mr. Wilson" also know as Gerard. The disposable water cameras are not so great perhaps Santa will bring me a little camera that is water proof.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

FYI, South Florida starts getting warm sometime in March. It doesn't get hot until sometime in May and that's when it becomes humid. That runs until October. Today, South Florida is in the 50's with the lows in the 30's. I am a former Long Islander, I feel your cold weather pain.

JennStar said...

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=fuji+waterproof+camera&hl=en&prmd=ivns&resnum=1&biw=1659&bih=770&wrapid=tlif12926185679981&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16148367363953000909&ei=TcsLTceEM8P7lwejxvTZCw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CGAQ8wIwAA#
That is the one we have and it's pretty stinkin' cool. And it's digital, so you just snap away and delete what you don't like!! Got ours at Costco.