Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ho, Ho, Ho

Last week we did have some happy moments. Gerard and I decided that we wanted to take Anna to see Santa Claus. In our area Santa Claus comes to visit at Story Book Land. This is a little amusement park that is themed as different children's stories.

Our plan is to make a birthday cake on Christmas eve and talk about the celebration for his birthday the following day. Anna gets so excited for every one's birthday I imagine that she will love to make the cake with me or at least help with the icing.

Last week was 50% off week so I was able to fit it into the budget. Plus I wanted Anna to see Santa Claus early in the season. We want to focus on Christmas as Jesus's birthday not just a day where you get presents. I talked Jaime and Greg into taking Hans too. I find it amazing just how fast he is, so much like Jaime. If she puts him down he just bolts through crowds to where he wants to be.

Gerard the man who hates a crowds and lines could not believe just how long the line was to just get into the park. The line was across the front down the side around the back and into their spare parking lot that I am sure they just use for the Christmas season.



I could not resist taking this picture. I had just buckled her in and told her we were going somewhere to have some fun. Once she saw Story Book Land she was amazed by the lights and kept saying "Fancy" so I know she liked it.

This is the line going into the park.


This is the part we had already passed through.


Santa's summer cottage at the Jersey shore



Jaime, Greg and Hans waiting to see Santa


Of course the big man himself with Anna.



Anna on the carousel


In spite of how I was feeling last week we did really have a nice time. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Much of my sadness is unresolved grief. I hope to one day not to be stuck in some of these stages of grief and be able to just move past them.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I have found that the holidays are actually very hard for many people. Although it is a time to celebrate we can't help but think about what we don't have anymore. But you ahve a beautiful little girl to keep you going. It looks like Santa was a huge hit. Love her dress! Please call if you want to talk. Thinking of you.
Melissa

The Robins' Nest said...

This comment is really meant for your last post. I don't know all the issues, but I can say that having children, or in our case, child, is hard on relationships. There ends up being no time for each other anymore. Saying a little prayer for you two!

On this post I have to say you and Anna look so happy. And, I cannot believe how long the line was, but the pictures of Anna on Santa's lap are precious!

Jersey Beth said...

Hi Joy,
Assumption Church in Galloway has Santa at their annual craft fair (it was last weekend). The line for Santa is very short and quick, you get a picture for $5 and they kids get to do a small craft afterwards. It is so much easier then the mall and cheaper then Storybook Land! Just a thought for next year!
Beth

Ms. Elaine said...

I had not read you last post so I did not know you were down! That was a sad thing to hear! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Janet said...

Praying for you Joy. Love the pictures of Anna and Hans! Janet