Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cookies and more (quite long sorry)

I can not believe that Christmas is just about a week away! I am so excited to see her face on Christmas morning but I am more excited that I have been able to really enjoy the holidays this year. I have a good friend who told me I have to make a decision..."either enjoy them or not!" I have decided I will enjoy them. I have let pretty much no outside influence weight me down which is a switch for me.

Last week La-La took Anna to see a live Nativity. Anna loved it and has been talking about the camel all week. She has also been asking for the baby Jesus too which warms my heart. I took down the Nativity set this past week and set it up. My Mother bought this one for me about 10 years ago. I wanted this one because the pieces are not breakable or attached to the stable and the baby Jesus is removable. The minute she saw it Anna asked "Jesus?" I told her Christmas morning he will be there.

Since Anna I listen to less music in the car. We talk and sing songs instead. I will ask her questions sometimes I get a response sometimes not. She has started to recognize when we are close to home. This is hard if we are not going home. So instead I ask her who lives at home. My heart melts when she say "Anna home, Momma home, Daddy home, King home (her stuffed animal)" and usually this is where the conversation ends but now there is a new twist. Now she adds "Jesus home." I love that she know Jesus lives with us.



Thursday was my in between day where I work into and out of the day. Now a days I am lucky because Gerard is able to take her after school and I get to sleep. Usually I get a texted a picture of what they are doing. Most times he takes her to see Papa. Gerard had some shopping to do so he took Anna with him. The one store where he wanted to go was near the beach. Anna recognized that and his fate was sealed. He told me all he heard from the back of his truck was "Beach, Beach, Beach!"

The unique thing is it was snowing. He tried his best to explain that today was not a beach day but Little Miss won out. I know it is hard to see but that is snow on the beach. He walked her up to the beach she stepped in the sand and about 2 minutes later she told him "cold, go"



I could not resist having her go out in the snow for a couple of minutes just to grab a few pictures.





Yesterday was Cookie Day at our house. As in many projects we had a house full. Me-Me, Hans, Wayne (Me-Me's brother) and a new welcome addition Miranda Wayne's girlfriend. Later in the day La-La, My sister Julie, Joy Babe and Johny also came by to do some cookies. As a family we are hard to meet because we are loud and joke around and generally tease one another in a kind manner all be it we do tease. If you are new to the mix you are put right in there although we do try to go a little bit easier on you with the teasing.

Miranda and Johny but fit in beautifully. Miranda was so much fun to make cookies with because she spoke up and jumped right in. After meeting her for about 5 minutes I pulled out the vintage aprons and she spoke right up "I'll take the yellow one." We even made the boys wear one. Johny walked in got the once over by Gerard then a smile from him so I know he approves of him with the exception of he did offer to take him for a hair cut I am sure. A wonderful time was had by all. I do wish that Jimmy and Greg had been able to come but both were working.

The funny thing is Anna was playing with Hans but when she saw Me-Me pull out the bowls and cookie ingredients she almost ran to "her spot at the table." I had so much fun yesterday but more importantly I think everyone had fun yesterday. I will not be able to see them all on Christmas so seeing them now will make up for that.



(He who shall not be named is in the picture behind Miranda does that count as being on the blog?)



Why would Hans want the wax paper?


Don't be so silly for the tube of course!


Of course Anna needed a turn too.


Me with no make up and my hair barely brushed


Joy Babe and Johny. He was making the Monopoly man.



So as you can see we did have a fun day.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You certainly have been very busy. I am glad everything is ok with your mom. That's good news. Everyone looked like they enjoyed cookie day. I have some baking planned today but unfortunately only with myself. Everyone is busy. As for a school Winter Party, Colby had a "Kajama" (pajama) party. They did watch Frosty though. Ugh! Just call it what it is.
Melissa

Mary Ann said...

Merry Christmas, Joy. It's fun to read about all you are doing. Your projects and cookies are special times for Anna.