Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

Every year for Halloween before Anna Gerard and I would get pretty excited. Our first house was a townhouse and because of that we got a ton of trick or treaters. I mean close to 200 every year. I would make up 150 bags of candy the good stuff, the things I like plus a big bowl for when that would run out. I remember once hearing a little boy squeal to his Mom, "We got a bag of candy here!" That always made me laugh.

Last year Anna was only home for a couple of weeks. Believe it or not I think the best costumes are the ones that you make but last year there was no time. When I found a bee costume for 9 dollars I could not pass it up. I had plans on starting a lion costume for Anna this year but La-La and Me-Me had an idea. Gerard and I had to work this weekend and since they would have her I differed to them.

I am so glad that I did. For 20 dollars, yes you read that right Me-Me and La-La made 6 costumes. Quite frankly I would have spent way more and not nearly gotten 6 costumes out of it. I think they turned out beautiful. I love a theme.

Anna 2009

Hans 2009

While at my Mother's house Anna did try to trick or treat for some lawn orniments which makes me laugh everytime she brings one home from Papa and Grammy's house.


chocolate mustache at Nanny's house



But what really amazes me is the people behind the costumes. All but 2 (Anna and Hans) are well over 20 years old. These guys wanted to dress up for the kids. As a child it is fun to dress up as an adult many times it becomes uncool to dress up. Why is that? I will admit I have not dressed up in years. I had no interest in dressing up this year but seeing both Anna and Hans get even more excited because the rest of them were dressed was very funny. Sometimes I think as adults we need to let the kid out sometimes.

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Very cool! I was a witch. . .fits, right? : ) Aidan, the spider, was my familiar!

Janet said...

Love the picture! And how cool is that adults dressed up! How very cute the costumes and theme is!

Melissa said...

I love the picture. Everyone looks great. I love Anna's orange hair. I do hope that we can still dress them up for a few years yet. We'll see!
Melissa

Ms. Elaine said...

How fun...it is funny to see pebbles and bam bam as that is what my coworkers son and daughter were this year! A little brain storming and pattern sharing and her costumes turned out oh so cute!