Friday, November 12, 2010

I Help...I Help

The past two days were amazing. Not to sound funny but my baby is quite the amazing little girl. I think it is easy to feel like you child is wonderful but in the past two days I got a glimpse of how she acts when I am not around. I was a bit surprised.

Yesterday was her Fall Festival party at school. As much as I hated the thought of her going to pre-school I do think she has benefited on some level. I imagine that the transition home from her baby home was hard because she was use to being surrounded by other children. Although I do not regret keeping her home with me or with family for the first year for attachment purposes.

Her preschool class only has 12 children in it. 10 parents showed for the party. The party consisted of decorating a foam turkey, story time and snacks. I loved seeing so many parents at the party for their children. I know that many parents work during the day but to see so many their really tells me that the parents feel their child is very important. I imagine it is very hard to take off for all these special occasions for the kids.

The children started to play with some blocks. When it was story time the teacher played her magic clean up song. I call it magic because the children scrabbled to get everything put away and in the right spots. I heard Anna saying "I help...I help" Listening to her put two words together spontaneously is amazing. Watching her help and interact with the children was even more amazing.



Gerard takes Anna when I am sleeping during the day. Most times it is a trip to see his parents, to Home depot or to one of the houses to do a little bit of maintenance. Gerard and his Father have been working on one of the new rental properties fixing, cleaning and painting. Gerard keeps telling me that the minute Anna gets there she wants to help with what ever they are doing. When it was installing the fence she wanted to hold the piece up like her Daddy. When it was painting it was holding the brush and painting too.

Today I passed Gerard on my way to pick up Anna so we decided to surprise Papa with lunch. When she got there her routine started. First is was chase Papa around the house, hind and seek in the empty closets then a drink of water. We were getting ready to go home and she spotted Papa starting to paint the new fence. She started to cry "Down, down, down." I put her down and straight to Papa she ran. Then she looked around and found the other paint brush and went straight to work right next to him.




She loves to help. She loves to do things. I love that she wants to see how things work and help too.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

She looks so cute. And so grown up. And yes, I agree. I found that Colby really did miss having other kids around. He is so happy to have all his new friends, at both school and day care. And just recently he has mentioned a girlfriend! YIKES!
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome! She's really growing up. I have to say, it sounds like the Preschool has been really good for her. I know it has been really great for Aidan. Socialization skills are so hard to learn, especially when you are working on learning so many other things as well. When it is all combined with friends that are the same age and size, it makes it so much better!
God Bless!
Stacy
PS LOVED the ornaments so much I am heading out today to buy the supplies to make some of our own! I think that along with a nice StarBucks gift card will be awesome for Aidans teachers. Thanks for letting me know about that fun project!!

Janet said...

Love the pictures of Anna! Janet

Janet said...

Love the pictures of Anna! Janet