Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Cards

I send Christmas cards every year. Usually I am the first to send one. I love getting them especially the one with pictures attached. I am one of those weird random people who save the picture and pack them away with my Christmas stuff. I know sounds strange. I just feel a little guilty throwing out pictures.

Last year I did not send out a Christmas card due to all the craziness that was going on in my family but this year I am determined to get them sent out. I am so determined that I already had Anna's Christmas pictures done on...pleas do not laugh...October 31! It is a long story but basically I had a great coupon and figured I would send out my Christmas card and include a 4x6 card.

I had hoped to be able to write out the envelopes this weekend and be done. Then wham another deal is set into my lap. What should I do? Shutterfly is giving bloggers 50 Christmas cards out free. How can I pass that up. I use Shutterfly to print my pictures anyway so I do not feel like I am opening a random account. So scratch the initial plan for a modified plan of a family picture for the Shutterfly card and I will still include the single shots of Anna because I am that crazy and think she is beautiful.

Shutterfly books are my personal favorite. I organize my photos on the site into 4 main albums (one for each season) for the year and then special occasions like holidays or birthdays. Once the season is over I import them into a 12x12 photo book. I do separate ones for vacations and birthdays too.

Anna loves to pull out the one I did when we went to visit Stacy, Pat and Aidan in Washington as well as the one from Fort Myers Beach. I keep those ones on her book shelf. After you make one or two they are very easy to make in about an hour. Just a side note for the season books (Sept-Nov; Dec-Feb; Mar-May; June-Aug) I leave extra blank pages once the book comes I insert her professional pictures with double sided tape.





Here are the professional photos of Anna, yes I got suckered into buying the CD but I just could not think about not having the copyrights to these pictures.

10 comments:

Masha said...

She's too cute and I love her dress! Don't feel bad, I am a planner like that too. :) Shutterfly is super.

Jersey Beth said...

They are fabulous! She is so pretty! What a lucky mommy you are!!

The Robins' Nest said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the smocking dress!

JennStar said...

Love the one where she's in the box! Her face is so stinkin' cute!!!
And I'm with ya! e had our pics done in April and I thought, as I purchased the CD also, these will be great for our Christmas cards- love having kids of an age where 7 months don't change them considerably!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! My girls are a bit older, but I've always said that the ONLY time I regret spending so much money on their professional pictures is when I'm writing the check! Pictures like those of Anna are PRICELESS. :)

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Beautiful photos and I love her dress. Her hair and eyes look amazing in that color!

We're in the same boat. For the first time is ages, I had the kids' professional Christmas photo taken last week for our Christmas cards. Now I am trying to decide how to resist 50 free cards from Shutterfly.

Ms. Elaine said...

I just love the shots and her dress is oh so adorable....just like Anna! Gee, I may have to start blogging with a deal like that! I took the 4 grandbabies and had pictures made for Christmas cards but the photographer does not give the rights to print, however I was able to purchase cards from them! I do like Christmas cards and I keep everyone I get. Anna's Christmas card will be so pretty and a wonderful memory!

Janet said...

Oh Anna is so very beautiful! And I just love how animated she is! Happy Thanksgiving!

Rich and Jolynn said...

Her dress is so beautiful and so is she!! Love the pics!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jenn and Joe said...

Love her dress! She is just too cute! I end up buying the cd/ copy right every time too! I found out this last visit, that it is cheaper to buy just the cd and then get my prints from snapfish, so that is what we will be doing now.