Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer of 2010 Amuse Joy Event plus news about my Mother

These amuse Joy events started out as a way for me to keep my spirits up when I was waiting for Anna. Now they have taken on a life of their own. The kids who are mostly teenagers and pre-teens have fun so why stop the fun now.

Yesterday we went fishing on the Doris Mae IV. Anna and Gerard caught the first fish of the day. Chippy won the pool for the largest fluke and I walked about 10 miles around the boat chasing Anna, in all a good day.

The summer seems to be flying by this year. I have one more vacation planned before the end of the summer but I do not have any plans for it as of yet.






I have also gotten wonderful news about my Mother. The doctors nurse called to tell us that the type of cancer that my Mother had should be cured by the surgery that she just had. This is wonderful news!! We are very happy. She is recovering nicely. We have another doctor's appointment scheduled for July 30th that is when I will get all the information of the type of cancer she had. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah on all accounts. It sounds like your day out was a lot of fun. I so wish we were closer to the ocean, or even a big lake. My favorite times are in NH on the lake there. As for Mom, VERY happy for her. Pass along my well wishes.
Melissa

JennStar said...

And you didn't know you were creating a love for activities that will now be great memories for Anna! God works in cool ways!
Yea for your Mom!! What wonderful news!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear joy, So happy to hear about your Mother! The pics of Anna are so cute! Janet in Montrose Co.

Heidi said...

Joy, that sounds so positive for your mom. I am happy for all of you.

Laura said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day on the boat! And hey...could that possibly be Gerard's arms in the photo (the one with the white T-shirt holding Anna??). ;)

Great news about your mom -- prayers are working and will continue to be said.

~Laura

Amy said...

Great news!!

Troy and Rachel said...

So, so glad to hear the great news about your mother!! We'll keep praying too!