Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Breast Feeding...No way kido

First let me start by saying I am pro-breast feeding. Part of my job is to educate and assist other with breast feeding. I believe breast feeding is what is best for children, Mothers and Fathers for that matter. Children receive immunities, best possble nutrition and time to bond with their Mothers. Women who breast feed have a lower rate of breast cancer. Fathers who support Mothers who breast enjoy the extra money that is saved through breast feeding. Believe me I could go on and on.

Do I think breast feeding is for everyone...NO. Would I support anyone who wants to breast feed and help them...YES. I see where some women look and feel tortured by breast feeding. I also think that some women measure their parenting skills strictly based on how long they did or did not breast feed.

Did I breast feed Anna? Nope. She was in my opinion and the only opinion that counts too old. Would I have breast fed her if she was a newborn, yes, maybe...okay not really sure. Which brings us to last night and by the way I blame Me-Me for this whole situation.

As usual I laid down with Anna before she went to sleep. Sometimes she wants to bring an animal or several animals to bed with us. I think it is cute so I do let her. Last night it was her stuff animal 'Scar' from the Lion King movie that she wanted. Why not? I was laying there talking to her she was playing with Scar, making him sleep carrying him in her mouth and giggling. I was watching her then out of the blue she was trying make me breast feed him.Believe me I know the difference between snuggling and trying to breast feed and she was trying to make me breast feed.

All I will say is I draw the line in the sand or should I say jungle. I AM NOT going to breast feed Scar!!

4 comments:

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

Hahahahaha... Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Dear Joy, How funny! Anna is so cute, funny and smart! Janet in Montrose Co.

Jill and Cliff said...

She just wanted the best for her scar. LOL She is tooo cute. :)

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

This made me laugh :)

Glad to see you're enjoying your summer!

cm