Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July! Last night our town had their fireworks display and Gerard and I were able to take Anna. Gerard's schedule has recently changed and even though it has been an adjustment I am glad that his days off have fallen on a couple of days when I wanted him home with us.

This week has been a though one on many different levels with my Mother's surgery, leaving Anna for a couple of days as well was some family drama. I think that Anna did well while I was gone mostly because she was with La-La and her environment did not change while I was gone. At the last minute I decided not to take her and La-La with me to NYC. Being in the city is hard for anyone but to change her environment and leave her for hours at at time I she would not have done as well.

My sister Jackie also had been without her children for close to a week. We did stop to pick up Sloan. When he saw her he clutched her and his eyes started to tear up. I hate to compare but I think as humans we do compare ourselves to others. When I came in Anna was happy to see me but I could tell that she was a little mad or scared that I left her.

She went to sleep well on Friday but Saturday when I was picking up and brought out the vacuum once I flicked it on she got scared and ran to me, her breathing got fast and I had to stop to just hold her. This morning I was out cleaning the pool while Gerard was getting ready for the gym, Anna got up and started to cry for me. Gerard picked her up and tried to console her but it was a no go. I came in and held her for about 20 minutes and she was fine. She is used to him leaving but not me. Gerard coming and goings are pretty consistent but mine are not so I think that does make it harder for her.

Back to the fireworks, we went down town pretty early. Anna wanted to be in the muck of it were all the people were standing but because it was so close to the road Gerard and I found a place to wait that was far enough away for her to be safe. We worried that she would be scared by the sound but she loved them. The whole way home she kept saying "Boom, Boom, Boom" and throwing her hands in the air.

This morning when she saw the pictures on the computer she started again. I do think she really loved them.





Please say a prayer for Adrienne and Jim. Their little boy Bennett was born last night and seems to be doing very well. I am so happy for them.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so happy to hear that your mom is doing well. Glad you all had a great 4th. Anna looks so happy. And I agree, it is probably easier for Anna to have Gerard leave because it is somewhat scheduled. But I think Anna is doing so well. Keep up the great work!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Anna is precious!

Laura said...

Kristina called the fireworks "Boom, Booms" but in the context of "Tina no like Boom, Booms" as she clutched to me and cried her eyes out. Hated them!

Love the photos!

~Laura