Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Let There Be Light

I just love that statement. Any one who knows me knows that I am a freak about money and saving. With the rising cost of well everything I am a bit freaked. Gerard says that I am just in my worrying state of being and this will blow over. I think he has been waiting for my worrying state to blow over for about 15 years. At least the man still has hope for me.

Which brings me to my latest project. Solar energy! I remember being a small child and having a clothes line. That was how we dried our clothes. Gerard hates the way clothes lines look so I have never actually had one as an adult. In stead I have a very large deck at this house and last year I started to do laundry and rather then use the dryer I would hang the clothes over the rail on the deck. It during one of my hanging the clothes over the rail last year that I started to think about solar energy. I have a very large roof that is southward facing. My backyard is blistering hot everyday because of all the sunshine. I am not complaining I am just stating the facts. I love the fact that this house is so sunny.

Fast forward to this year. I was talking with my good friend Geralyn and she was telling me about how the cost of electricity is going up around here. Her bill this past month was huge and I am a bit scared to see my bill. This is why I am thinking about solar energy. I would love to install those solar panels to my roof. I really think that this is the way to go. The energy from what I have read is clean and honestly I could care less what the roof looks like in my back yard. Load me up with panels and cut my bill in half. So does anyone out there have solar panels and do you like them?

4 comments:

Rob said...

We don't have them but I'm with you. I would love to have solar panels and save on electricity. I'm just not sure it is economical in our area yet. Do you watch the tv show Living With Ed on TLC? He is all about the solar panels.

Amy said...

Growing up our neighbors across the street had them. When they "raised" the roof (put on an edition) they didn't replace them. My hubby wants to get a wind turbine and has been researching it. Maybe in a few years...

Stephanie and Dennis said...

I just came across your blog site - Dennis & I are fellow NJ'eans - We live at the Jersey Shore and are waiting for a court date for our 2nd trip back to Krasnoyarsk.

I wish you both the best of luck with the "wait" and remember to be patient.

Good luck and we hope to hear from you.

Dennis & Stephanie
www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, You should talk to Kevin - He loves the idea of solar power, wind power, etc. - He's always talking about stuff like that. I think it's a great idea. Take care..Teresa