Sunday, July 6, 2008

How Did I Miss Posting for the 4th of July!

I just can not believe that I missed posting for the 4th of July. This weekend was packed full of fun. I was surrounded by family most of the weekend and we had a great time. We spent the 4th at my niece's house that is in walking distance of the fireworks. You can actually see them from her backyard. She had a bunch of us over for ribs, s'mores and fireworks.

This was the first time that Aristotle my nephew had a s'more. The funny thing is the conversation went something this:

Jaime: "Aristotle would you like a s'more?"

Aristotle: "I don't know what a s'more is"

Jaime: Chocolate, marshmallow and gram crackers"

Aristotle: " Is it Hershey's chocolate??"

Jaime: "Yup"

Aristotle: "Then I want one!"

I have the cutest picture of him eating this s'more. The funny thing is that my sister and husband try to limit the amount of sugar that he eats but they do allow the occasional piece of chocolate which he absolutely loves. So needless to say the s'mores were a bit hit.

No real news on the adoption home front except take a look at my counter. Yes that is right I have hit the 12 month mark. When I saw that it was approaching 12 months at first I thought I might be a bit sad but then I started to think wow this time last year I had NOTHING done! I was not even in line to be in line for a referral so today I am very happy that I have come this far.

1 comment:

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, One step at a time - We will get there! I hope you hear good news really soon. Take care...Teresa