Monday, July 14, 2008

The Flight Leaves at 7:50am!







First of all made you look! The blue water with white sandy beaches and a tropical drink is calling. Antigua here we I mean here they come! One thing I can say about myself is I have the ability to enjoy an experience through others. I know you all must be seriously confused by now. The day has finally come Jaime and Greg have left for their destination wedding. I am so excited for them both.

I think it is interesting how you can learn stuff from others and they not even know that it is happening. About a year ago Jaime and Greg got engaged. Now I do not know what it is like in other families but in mine we are a bunch of pushy women with strong opinions. I try my best to keep my opinions to myself unless I see that some ones actions are hurting another. Well in my family weddings are one of those high stress times where everyone thinks that they know best. PS having a baby is ranked number 2 right under weddings.

So when Jaime and Greg were deciding on what type of wedding they wanted many of my family members interjected their opinions. Feelings were hurt and tears were shed. Jaime and Greg are a very funny couple because unlike other couples they are really joined together by a bond that is unique to only them. When the two of them decide on something anything just fill in the blank they join forces and stand strong as a united front. They decided that they wanted a destination wedding. I was not shocked but others were. They wanted their wedding to imitate with no one in attendance. I have to say I spent about 5 minutes trying to convince them that it would be okay to let their parents go to the wedding but in all honestly I think that it would not have worked out well at all. Too much drama!

I will miss not seeing them get married but I have respected their decision and moved on to help in what ever way I could. Mostly it was to run interference by others. I am a bit of a linebacker.

I am glad that I took this position because I think they needed someone to do that for them. As a result of this Greg's new motto was "Just call Aunt Joy she will know what to do!" This was the case when Jaime weighted herself at 1 am and realized she gained 3 pounds which by the way she lost is a couple of days. This was also the case this afternoon when she ripped her veil hours before she was set to leave.
I am proud of them that they did not crumble under the pressure of the families. I think because they were able to stand strong on the wedding issue they will be able to stand strong on other issues as well. So this week on Wednesday say a pray that their marriage will be a long, happy, fruitful one.

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Wow! Your sister looks so much like you! (or you look like her - which ever way it goes!). God Bless them as they head to their destination wedding! Many years of happiness coming their way!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

My heart jumped for a minute I thought you were posting that you had travel dates!!!

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Amy said...

I think destination weddings are so romantic. I've never went to one, but think they sound so beautiful. I hope one of my children have a destination wedding.
Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Kevin T. said...

Best Wishes to the Happy Couple!! You are right, I think it is healthy for couples to stand united on things - at least really important things. They look really happy!