Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It Has Happened Again!

I have to say there have been many things that I just have not seen coming during this whole adoption. Yes it is true I have yet another new adoption coordinator. This makes the fifth different coordinator in one year. I found out yesterday. The funny thing about it all is I took the news much better then I did the last 4 times. The only thing is there seems to be something fishy surrounding the latest change or perhaps I am just paranoid. When the others were changed I was given a little story about why they left or were changed. This time nothing. No explanation at all. So that is my adoption news.

Tomorrow my nephews are coming over. My sister has a wedding that she and her husband are both in that is out of town. I honestly feel for my sister this is only the second time that she has left her youngest boy. The funny thing is and I know those of you who already have children will probably agree with her but she has written out the rules. Now mind you her children are by far the most well behaved children that I have ever met. Her oldest son prefers vegetables and fruit over many other things. I just think it is cute that she writes out the things that we are allowed to do and the things we are not allowed to do. Whenever they are here we do the same things ice cream at night, playground and the pizza store. I do not expect that we will do much more then that except maybe watch a minor league baseball game. She just is not used to not being in control.

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your coordinator change. Adoption is the land of the unknown and it's hard when your coordinator becomes part of the unknown. Your sister sounds JUST like me. :-) Enjoy your ice cream night! :-) Those are my favorite kind of nights!

Amy said...

Your sister sounds like me. I've been working on my "letter/schedule" for when we go to Russia for over 4 months. I didn't want to write it while I was stressed out and in a time crunch. I have EVERYTHING in the letter, my mom (who has them for the 1st trip) just laughed when I showed it to her. She'll be thankful when we're gone.
Enjoy your weekend. It sounds like fun!

Jane and Jim said...

Hmmm...my coordinator has left the company too and now I have another. I wonder what's going on over there?? No explanation to me either and I LOVED my Annise.

Have fun with the nephews (get some extra practice!).

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, I can't believe you will have another new coordinator - This roller-coaster ride continues! Becky is right about the world of the unknown - I think I am getting used to it, but it is still so hard. Well, have fun with your nephew - It sounds like you will have a great weekend!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Also sorry to hear about a new coordinator...but maybe you will like her the best out of all of them??! I know it is hard and probably feels like you are dealing with a new agency each time there is a change....that is how I have felt with ours at times...I just bet it won't be long now!