Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I know I am a Broken Record

Today is a glorious Tuesday here is New Jersey. The sun is shining and life it great. Ask me why?? I am almost finished with school. I woke up today to realize that I have 7 more weeks until I am done with my BSN.

Now for the next bit of non-adoption news. We had a very busy weekend my niece Jaime is getting married. Wow does that make me feel old. We had her shower at my house this past weekend. I think the whole idea made her a little nervous because she is planning on a destination wedding with just her and Greg. She is very frugal and did not want anyone to have to go overboard with trying to save the money to go to the wedding. When they get home they will have a small tea party reception at a local tea room 217 Main Street

I have watched this Victorian home be renovated for the past year. I have such a passion for old houses and tea parties. I bet you never knew that. The running joke between Gerard and I is that I have enough china to serve about 150 people. I had such a wonderful time because I was able to pull out my antique luncheon plates. (Okay I must be really boring!)

Then I was able to spend so time with my 2 littlest nephews they are so cute. Kids say and believe the funnest things. We went to the beach on Sunday. So on goes the bathing suit and cover up. We decided to stop to get some lunch before we hit the beach. As we are siting there Aristotle is standing on the seat next to me and looks under my arm and starts to laugh. Are you ready

"Aunt Joy you have a beard under your arm!"

"That is so funny Aunt Joy it is just like my Daddy's beard!"

"How did you get it there?"

To the waitress "Look she has a beard under her arm!"

Okay I will admit that I had not shaved in the morning but I can tell you that it was not THAT long. He made it sound like Father Time's beard was hanging out from under my arms. Sorry to leave you all with that picture in your mind.

8 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Boy you have been busy! Don't you just love the things kids will say?! Just wait until you have your little one and get ready for more embarassing words!

So happy to hear you are almost done with your BSN! What an accomplishment!

Glad to hear about your adoption decision. I have done crisis pregnacy counseling and the open adoption is for some and not for others. It is a difficult decision, but I am glad you have peace about it and know in your heart it was the right decision. There will be a great fit for that birthmom and it will work out perfectly for her and the adoptive family. If it was something that you should have done, you both would have had a stronger feeling about it....

I love china too! I know just what you mean!

Kristine

Amy said...

That is too funny! HA HA HA... A beard under you arm LOL

COngrats on almost being done with school. I remember that feeling of accomplishemnet when I was completing my masters (with 2 3-year olds running around). Good for you to get it done BEFORE your child comes home.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I just caught up on your blog and am glad to hear that you have a peace about your adoption decision. I'm sure the last few weeks was very challenging as you had to make your decision. It is also great that you and your husband were on the same page.

I hope your last few weeks of school go well! :)

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy - I love old houses, too. That comment from your nephew is hilarious! Good luck with school...Teresa

Jane and Jim said...

Your beard story is HILARIOUS!!!!
I have told so many people about it! heheee.

I'm glad you came to a decision about the adoption and I'm secretly glad you're still going to adopt from Russia!!!

Christen L said...

That is hilarious!!!

Becky and Keith said...

Your story is sooo funny! Don't you just love kids?? I just read through all of your posts and boy have you been on a roller coaster! I'm glad you made the best decision for you and Gerard. Also, congrats on almost being done with your BSN! I know that will be a great feeling!

Melissa said...

I happened to come across your blog through another one. I love the comment from your nephew. Having four nephews of my own, I know just how funny, yet embarrassing the things they say can be. I also noticed your post about your decision to not adopt the child close to you. My husband and I had a similar experience to yours. Knowing that I want a child so much, I never thought I might not take one in if given the chance. My husband remodels homes and knows the grandfather of a child who is currently in DCFS care. It has been difficult to not want to take that baby boy but knowing that we would see his parents and grandparents quite often, I knew that it wouldn't be the ideal situation. DCFS and the courts still haven't sorted out the situation but I hope that the little boy finds a wonderful home.