Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Weird Dreams Persist!

I always have the same dream when I am about to travel. It is variations of not being ready. This one was funny because of course I was traveling in my dream to Russia to pick up my child. In my dream I over slept as usual. This is the reason why I pretty much just stay up all night and always leave extra early.

So I jump out of bed and realize I only have 10 minutes to shower, dress and get packed to go for the three weeks that I think I may be in Russia. Don't any of you worry I was able to get showered, dressed and packed. The funny part is the things that I was wearing and was packing.
First of all I started out with a nice pair of denim shorts, tee shirt, flip flops and a straw hat. Okay that is my usual uniform for the summer minus the hat. I hate hats. I never wear a hat. I figure it might get warmer in Russia in the summer but shorts on a plane for 10 hours. What was I thinking?

Then I get to the packing list for trip one:
Toothbrush
Socks (No shoes but socks)
Another hat (Because I would need 2 hats)
Plunger
Toilet brush (wrapped in plastic so my clothes do not get wet)
And my pillow.

I start freaking out and I tell Gerard I will buy the rest when I get there. The REST! I would need to buy everything. I think dreams are the funniest thing most of the time. It really shows you the funnier side of life. I just can not believe that I would be packing cleaning supplies over shoes. Why was the toilet brush wet? Don’t tell me I had time to clean. Well at least I remembered my pillow. So for anyone who is looking for a packing list for trip one maybe you can make sense of this list. I sure can not.

6 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Ha! Nice packing list. There are certainly some items on there that I forgot to take on our 1st trip!

junglemama said...

How strange. I'm sure your list will change and there will even be weirder things that you end up taking.

Jane and Jim said...

Hilarious! Aren't dreams so strange?!
I had a dream the other night that I was panicing because I couldn't find anything to feed the kids. (I was in the car searching through the console, etc.) WEIRD!

Kevin T. said...

I think all these weird dreams are contagious! I had a dream that we went to meet our baby at the orphanage and even though we know he will most-likely be a boy 2 and under, this was an adorable 3 or 4-yr. old girl. But, they didn't tell us she was our referral and they said our time was up and we missed our chance to get to know her and wouldn't get another chance. I woke up so upset! I was so glad it was just a dream!!

Anita said...

That is hilarious! I have anxiety before trips too. It's the strangest thing!

I love it when you said "another hat because I would need two hats!" LOL

Christen L said...

cracking up.