Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baby Books??

I can not believe that I am only just really starting to think about this now. I the past 10 years I can honestly say that I have critiqued thousands of baby books. When I am in the delivery room part of my job is to foot print the baby. I have to say it has taken me many years to get really good foot prints in a baby book.

I have found myself looking through the books and thinking "I like that one or I hate that one or How come she has not filled any of this out yet?" One constant that I have noticed was that none of these baby books are set up for adoption. In the past couple of years I have also taken care of many children who were being placed for adoption. I have stopped taking these patients until my adoption is complete because I need to stay impartial. You would think that I would have seen at least one book that was geared towards an adoptive family but I have not.

So yesterday I thought I was really smart and I took myself to the local Hallmark store to buy a baby book for me one that focuses on my adoption. I would show you a picture of the one that I bought but I could not find one. Well to make a long story shorter I started to look on the internet for one but I am one of those crazy people that like to touch a book before I buy it. Crazy, crazy, crazy I know but I think this is one of the first times that I have really not felt "normal" because my choice is to adopt.

So today I will try to make a decision and buy a baby book even if I can not touch it first. I want to make sure that the whole book is filled out, no blank spaces or sheets, pictures included. I do not know what I would do without the internet to find these special things that I want for the little one. I am guessing that once the little one comes I will have no time to fill in the book so this task is officially on my list of things to do.

4 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

Good luck finding one and let me know when you do!!!

Deb said...

Check out Barnes n Nobles. Mine always has the adoption baby book. Only 1 version though, I think I've seen 3 different ones online. It's with the parenting/adoption books.

Good luck.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, Wow - I never realized it would be hard to find a baby book on adoption - I haven't looked for one yet! Good luck - I hope you find one! Take care...Teresa

Unknown said...

I have seen Our Family Our Journey and it is nice. Also, Our Chosen Child (not sure I like the name though) and it is nice also. I think we will go with Our Family Our Journey when the time comes.