Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No Adoption News--Just My Thoughts

I have to say this week has been a good week. I have not heard anything but somehow I get the feeling that my time is not too far away. I can say that I before many of my blogger friends got the call I would get a weird feeling that the call was coming.

Okay Now do start thinking I am too weird but I really have felt that way and yes I know that each of us are going to get a call. So any way I have that feeling again but this time it is even more strong then it has ever been.

I have read so many wonderful posts lately. I think that sharing the feelings that we are each feeling at different points in this journey has been really helpful for me. I think next week I am really going to sit down and make an honest list of things that I need to do before the call comes. I find that I work so much better from a list.

So here is my list of lists that I need to make
  1. Things to do before the call
  2. Things to buy for the room
  3. Things to pack for trip one
  4. Things that need to be copied to take with me
  5. General things to do list

And I am sure that I will find a whole lot more to put on this list once I am done with the list. One thing that I have decided is I think I am going to take a small vacation maybe even use a PTO day. For those who know me that is a big deal. I have been saving them for when the Little one comes but I think a little rest and relaxation is in order. Plus the weather is getting to nice to be cooped up in the house.

5 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

Oh, I can totally relate to the lists! I'll have to show you mine - I'm a little ccccrazy!
Have fun with it though - why not!

I'm glad you're in a better place with your thoughts and I SO hope your intuition is right about getting a referral soon!

Becky and Keith said...

Sounds like you're happy! YAY! It's great when you have a positive feeling - makes this process easier. Start those lists! :-)

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy! I think some time off is a great idea - We may do that too! And you can work on your lists while you are relaxing on the beach! I pray you get the call really soon!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hey Joy!

Your call will come! I know the wait is hard.. .Be assured you are in our prayers as you wait to hear about your little one. Your comments while we wee in Russia were so helpful. It was wonderful to hear from home"!
Stacy

Dede said...

I hope your call comes soon! In the meantime, enjoy your wait time and get anything done that you have been putting off. Once you get the call...things move quickly and life is never the same again!