Monday, January 28, 2008

My First Apostilled Document

Today I received my very first apostilled document. What a wonderful feeling knowing that I am well on way to getting through the paperwork. I had stressed so much over having the Psychological evaluation completed and now not only is it done but I can hold the proof in my hands. I have waited so long to be able to post one of these pictures.



When I look at other blogs I have noticed that wow I really have gotten nothing done for the baby's room. Yes I have a plan in my mind but I have not really taken any action to put that plan together. We do not have a crib or one picked out. I do not have a dresser or one picked out. I have not registered anywhere. I have picked out the bedding that I want to buy. I have looked around and I keep going back to the one that I picked.

So after listening to all my complaints about all the things that need to be done Gerard took matters into his own hands. He insisted that I pick things out for the office slash bedroom for my Mom. After that room is done then I will be able to get started on the Baby’s room. See Gerard is one of those people that will work on only one thing at a time. Gerard spent time this weekend in the attic putting down plywood and moving things up that I just can not part with yet. The running joke between us is go find a nice friend one with a strong back.

See we are in a weird position compared to other couples because we both work nights. I work 3-12 hour shifts 7 PM to 7:30 AM and he works 12 AM to 8 AM. We need to find child care but for the overnights. Regular child care is out because they just will not stay open all night. I bet that would be a great business.

So anyway my Mother is planning on staying overnight when we are not home. The funny thing is this will not be a temporary thing so we need to find a small semi-private place for my mother to stay while she is here. That place is my current office and sewing room.

We decided that we will put a daybed in the office and get rid of another piece of furniture. We bought two new nightstands one for office equipment and one for next to the daybed for my Mom to use. My friends have all told me that once the little guy gets sewing will be out for a while. I guess they are all right about that I hope I will be able to start again one day.



Oh before I forget, we got a great deal on an ottoman for the living room that opens up for storage. I figured this would be great as a toy chest for the little guy. This ottoman was just $32.00 at Bed, Bath and Beyond.





I am just waiting for my home study to be adjusted because we switched agencies and the I-171 approval letter. The home study should be finished hopefully by next week. Then we are done and it is off to Trenton to get the whole thing apostilled.

6 comments:

Jessica Joy said...

Hey I was just browsing some sites and when I saw that you were adopting, I got really excited for you. I know a girl that adopted and she has a new baby girl and is very happy, but be careful.

If you plan on getting an infant you might come across many troubles. My friend's baby's real mom's mother wouldn't let my friend adopt the baby. They had to go to court and it was simply horrible for them. Everything is fine now, and I want to wish you loads of luck and CONGRATS!!!

Dede said...

Congrats on your first apostille! You're on your way. I look forward to following your journey.

Jane and Jim said...

Very very exciting about the apostille! Congrats on your first. There will be MANY more to come - heehee!
Love the ottoman too - great buy!

ana said...

Congratulations on the 1st apostille! Those big gold seals are such a beautiful thing to see! And soon you'll have more. Your paperwork is moving forward!

Carey and Norman said...

Congrats on the apostille. A big step in the adoption process. Good luck on the many more to come!

Anita said...

Love the furniture choices! Great idea to maximize storage and get dual use pieces! What a generous mother you have to stay the over nights!!