Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just Finishing Up Paperwork

I know it has been a long time since I posted or at least it feels like a long time to me. I have been so busy with my sister and helping her with her new baby, breastfeeding and my other nephew Aristotle. I just got home last night. The baby and Mom are doing fine. My Brother-In-Law is very smart to just do what ever she says. Aristotle is doing very well too but I think he has figured it out that he is not the little King anymore. That is making my sister feel a little sad but they are all working through it. Aristotle just loves to be with his brother and that is so cute.

Okay now for adoption news. My coordinator has emailed me about some things that I need to send to her so that she can review them before I take them to be apostilled. I am so glad that they do this because I would hate to get their and find out that something was done wrong. So my plan for today is to finish this all up have everything notarized and scanned to her by the end of the week.

I am still waiting for my I-171 but I am not nearly as nervous as I was before. I figured that with the holidays it would not arrive much before February. I just realized that I took some time off from the adoption paperwork and did not realize it over the holidays. My stress level about it is much less then it was before. I am working on the fact that I think God has a much better plan for me then I could ever have dreamed up.

I have to say that after Christmas I did do a little shopping. I know that it is a little premature to buy a bunch of things for the baby but I did. I got the most adorable outfit for the Christmas season in a 3T. I also got three sweaters for next winter for 'The Boys' (Aristotle, Sloan and our baby). I want to get a picture of the three of them all dressed alike. The sweaters have are red (Aristotle's favorite color) and have a bi moose on them. I got a great deal on them because they were all 60% off at Kohls.


Christmas Outfit


Sweater Detail

Sweaters for the Boys

Sweater Detail

I am just assuming that I will be referred a boy and that makes my friend Geralyn laugh and tease Gerard about 'Our Daughter'. The thing is Geralyn is usually right. She has been so wonderful to me throughout this adoption process. Words can not express how she has helped and supported me throughout all the challenges that we have faced. She is a great person and a very dear friend. I do have a plan if I get a referral for a girl. I will just donate these cloths to either the orphanage or the Christmas giving program at my church so there is no problem.

5 comments:

ana said...

Love the Christmas outfit and the sweaters! Very cute! My sister gave me a ton of baby clothes that her son has outgrown. So we are very prepared for a boy, and we joke about how this means we'll probably end up with a girl! That will just be an excuse to do more shopping for baby clothes, which would be ok by me!

We're expecting our 171-H to arrive in Feb. as well. I try not to think about it!

Troy and Rachel said...

The sweater are so adorable and your right - if you get a girl donate the rest. We plan to donate the items that may not fit our little man! I hope you get the I-171H soon and I'm glad you had a break from the paperwork world!

Jane and Jim said...

The sweaters are too cute! Even if your little one is a girl, you can put her in the sweater - no biggie.
Good luck with the paperwork, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it all goes fast.

Becky and Keith said...

I love the clothes you wore - matching outfits are a great idea and will look good in pictures.

Anita said...

The outfits are soo cute!