Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Got the I-171! I Think?



Today started out as a regular day. I was sitting in my office watching out the window waiting to pounce on the mailbox once the mailman was in sight. Yes a pretty normal day for me now. I remember a time that I did not check the mail for a week at a time. Now if I do not get mail I precede to check it all afternoon.
So as I am spying on the mailman as he gathers the mail to put into my box I see a large yellow envelope.

Now I am scrambling for my slippers. What is this piece of mail? I hope he does not bend it to fit it in the mailbox! Okay now I am thinking I am just crazy but wait I have a psychological study that says I am normal.

I run out to the mailbox and flip through the mail until I see who the sender is. I hope this is not a piece junk mail which I have just started to hate. The sender is the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. Now I am running into the house. The dog is going nuts because she thinks either I am playing or there is something wrong.

I open the large package and out comes the letter that states:

NOTICE OF FAVORABLE DETERMINATION CONCERNING APPLICATON FOR ADVANCE PROCESSING OF ORPHAN PETITION

I am very excited. I just can not believe that I have the forms in my hand. Then I read it over again. This is the confusing part no where on the letter does it state that this is an I-171 approval letter. I just thought that the letter would say this in big print somewhere. So now my question is this the I-171 or just letter stating that I will be getting the I-171.

I know that my coordinator is not available until tomorrow but she said that I can email her if I need something. Now I know that this is the minor stuff. I just feel like I am so okay with this part of the wait but I will just be off the hook once I know that I am really waiting once my Dossier is translated and in Russia or between trips.

I have read about many others who are waiting with there Dossiers already in Russia for many months. My heart just goes out to them. I think just hearing the phone ring will make me jump. Lately I have read about so my receiving their referrals and traveling either for the first or second time that makes me thank God that this is even possible for me to do. God has provided me with the patience, the desire and the money to complete my dream of being a Mommy. Today is truly a wonderful day!

12 comments:

Deb said...

Yes that looks just like the coveted piece of paper. Kind of a let down after all the anticipation of it though. I think ours has the form name or something on the bottom in very fine print.

But it looks like ours and says it's favorable so don't worry.

I was just thinking yesterday how blessed I am to be able to adopt our children. We're saving as we go with the money but we have the faith that we'll have it as we need it and we have. I know a friend who wanted to adopt but didn't because of the money. She didn't have faith or a trust in God. It's sad to think about what she missed out on because of that. I'm not sure how you can get through an adoption without putting your trust in God to help you complete it. (Sorry I'm rambling)

So glad you have peace as you go through this journey. I pray that it continues as you reach the next step.

Congratz on getting your I-171H.

Jane and Jim said...

CONGRATS!!! Since it says 'favorable' that means approved! Yay!
I know what you mean about being grateful to God for everything you have and will have - we are very fortunate!

Janine said...

Yeah!! Congratulations..that sounds like the document!! So much work, prayers and patience for that one piece of paper.

Congratulations!!

Anita said...

Congratulations on your wonderful day!!

ana said...

YES, that is it! Congratulations! When ours came last week, I remember looking at it and thinking, "This is it? This is what I've been agonizing over? This one little form?" It's almost a let down. It should have huge letters and a gold seal or something! But I'm so happy for your good news!

And thanks so much for your post to my blog this afternoon!

Tiger & Kar said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

junglemama said...

I'm so jealous! No really, congrats. :)

Dede said...

Yep, that's it and our extension letter was just as under-whelming! Congrats!!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

YEA! Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to have that piece of paper in your hands?!

Troy and Rachel said...

YAY - That piece of paper looks right to me!!! Now the mailman can rest knowing you won't be stalking him again for a while!

Melissa said...

Does it say I-797??

If so, that's it!

I was confused, when ours didn't say I-171, too. Why can't the feds have ONE form with ONE number assigned to it? haha!

Congrats! :)

Becky and Keith said...

What a nice surprise!!! That definitely looks like it! Mine was called an I-797, not a 171. Talk about confusing! You're on your way to your little one! Congrats!