Friday, January 4, 2008

A Baby is Born!

On January 2, 2008 a baby was born. I am now the proud Aunt to 4 Nieces and 4 Nephews. I could not be happier. My newest Nephew was born on Wednesday. I was so excited to be able to be at the hospital when he was born. It looks like my baby will be the tie breaker.

My sister called and needed me to pick up her oldest son Aristotle and get him to the hospital without telling him why we were going. This was the hard part because only my Sister or Brother-In-Law are the only ones who pick him up. So I told him we were going to the hospital so that he could meet my friends. After a trip to Wa-Wa where he picked out a bunch of things like Mac and Cheese and 1 Dove bar (Aristotle's favorite chocolate bar). As My Mother, Aristotle and I were driving to the hospital He tells my Mother "Nanny I hope you will be with me at the hospital when my Brother is born." Well my Mother and I just looked at each other giggling inside.

We got there just in time for Aristotle to see the baby coming out of the operating room. He was shocked to see his father there and to find out that his Brother was born. I was able to capture Aristotle's reaction on video and with my camera. I would love to post these pictures but I can not do this without my Sister's permission.

The one controversy in my family is what will Jackie and Rick name the baby? They have been closed mouthed about this because of the amount of heat that they got with Aristotle's name. I told them I do not have to love the name just the baby. So here it is the baby's name is Sloan Falcon. I am trying to get used to this name. So I keep practicing saying it out loud.

Sorry about the title but I am still finishing the Dossier. I just could not wait to use that sentence.

4 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Welcome the the world Sloan! Congratulations to you, your sister & your entire family. Thank godness you were able to get Aristotle's reaction - your sister will love that!

ana said...

Congratulations on becoming an aunt again! How wonderful to have a new baby in the family. And yours will be the next happy addition, hopefully soon.

Jane and Jim said...

Congrats!! New babies are such fun - yeah, who cares about the name - you're right, you'll love the baby no matter what his name is.
I'm sure his cousin will be right along!

Troy and Rachel said...

Congrats on being Aunt again!! I love hearing my nieces and nephews call me Aunt Rachel!! Hoping a cousin will be along soon!