Sunday, February 3, 2008

No Real News!

Gerard and I are both sick. He has quite a fever and is miserable. I am so glad that we are not scheduled to travel right now because it would be murder.
I have enjoyed reading about all my blogger friends who have traveled recently or are in Russia. Because we switched agencies we are waiting on the update from the agency that did our Homestudy. That is the last piece of the puzzle. I am hoping that I will hear something by the end of the week. I am going to offer to pick it up so that I can kept on traveling to get everything apostilled.

I started looking at apartments and airline tickets. I know that I have to buy refundable airline tickets so I am in a little bit of sticker shock. I live about 2.5hours from New York City so I am hopeful that I can get a direct flight only time will tell.

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I know the feeling of being not well - it is def. going around. I hope you two feel better soon. Give Dottie a rub from me!

junglemama said...

I hope Gerard feels better! I would be so excited if I were you! I can't wait till I get my dossier over to Ukraine let alone think about booking tickets.

ana said...

Joy, we are taking the Delta flight from JFK -> Moscow on Sat. 2/9. I'll let you know how it is. If you have to buy refundable tickets, a travel agent might be able to get you an adoption rate. (Delta did have one, but it is not listed on their website.)

Hope you get to apostille this week, and especially hope that you and G. feel better very soon.

Jane and Jim said...

So sorry to hear you're sick... I hope you're better now. Get some good sleep now because when our kiddos come, no more sleep for us!
woohoo!

Deb said...

Hope your both feeling better.

I hope they get the updated Home Study done for you. It's hard to just be waiting on them to do something when you're stuff is done.