Monday, December 31, 2007

Big Changes are Here for the New Year!

I know that in the past couple of posts I have not really been focused on my adoption but just how life has been for me in general. First I would like to thank Jane for keeping a secret for a couple of weeks now. Jane you have no idea how much that has meant to me. I would like to also that Dede and Rob for having the courage to change agency when they did because without there change I do not think I would have given it an extra thought. I would like to thank Susan and Randy for being so positive with their change in agencies as well. By reading Susan's posts it made me think of the financial ramifications that I could have had to endure if I decided not to change when I did. I have made the decision to change agencies. This decision was made a number of weeks ago mostly due to the lack of accreditation of CHI at the time of my switch.

First let me say that I feel CHI was and has been very professional with my adoption. I have only been treated fairly and courteously throughout this whole process. I do believe that this agency tries to look out for the best interest of their clients. I am sad to be leaving CHI but I am happy to know that my adoption is moving forward.

This move to Adoption Associates has been in the works for a number of weeks and I wanted to make sure that I was comfortable with the move prior to making this decision public. I hope to be finished with my Dossier sometime in January. I prayed over this switch for many days before I made the final decision. I know that I was guided to this agency for the right reason. I have to say that since the switch my anxiety level has decreased significantly. I am now able to be more at peace with my decision and enjoy the adoption process more.

I would like to congratulate CHI on their recent accreditation and the families that are stilled signed with this agency. I wish you all the best and pray for God's speed in sending referrals to the waiting families. I need to officially break this tie with CHI so that this agency can focus all of their efforts on these waiting families.

Rachel and Troy & Becky and Keith, I can not wait to see that you have gotten the call. I can not wait to read all about your adventures to become a family.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! I never thought that I would be as blessed as I am to have friends that understand the things that I am going through with this adoption. To all of the Blogs that I read daily and have not mentioned in this post please know that I am praying for you and children (future children) daily. You all have been a source of strength for me.

God Bless you all.
Joy

11 comments:

ana said...

Congratulations on your decision to change agencies. It sounds like you are doing what's best for your family. I hope your process with AA goes smoothly and quickly. 2008 is going to be such an exciting year! I hope it's the year when we are all united with our children.

Tiger & Kar said...

Congratulations! My husband & I originally signed with a different agency but very, very quickly realized that they weren't the agency for us - even though they are very reputable and their families are very happy.

Like you, we were worried about accreditation issues. Fortunately we realized we needed to make the change only 2 days after we signed their contract. We're also thankful that we only lost $250 (the app. fee) when we decided to leave the first agency. We had so much peace with our decision, so we knew it was absolutely the right thing to do.

2008 is going to bring great things for so many families!! Best wishes for a blessed new year!

Troy and Rachel said...

Thanks for mentioning Becky & I in your blog and your good wishes for us. I am glad you made the decision best for you. I do completely understand as we were in limbo for a while. With the craziest of my life these past few months, it just made sense to stay put for us instead of adding any additional stress (to switch agencies).

Wishing you the best in 2008 with your new agency and a quick referral!!

Dede said...

It's nice to know that following our progress has helped you. The decision to switch is a very hard one to make. I'm glad you found the courage to do it and I hope that everything moves forward quickly for you. I look forward to following your progress.

Becky and Keith said...

Congratulations on your decision to switch and thank you so much for the good wishes! I know the feeling of not wanting to switch/wanting to switch and trying to decide the "right time". I think you picked the perfect time! I'll definitely be following your change and wish you all of the best with the new agency! Happy New Year!

Mark and Sinziana said...

Congratulation on your decision of switching agencies and Happy New Year! May 2008 bring you a lot of joy and a beautiful baby to your family!
Sinziana

Janine said...

Congratulations! It's amazing how important intuition has become in the adoption journey. 2008 is going to be a great year...I just know it!!! Looking forward to hearing more good news.

Shane & Marie said...

Congrats on changing agencies. I hope that decision and the new year bring lots of wonderful things for you!

Deb said...

So glad that you have found peace with switching. Sometimes you have to change to find it (we did the same thing in 2006).

Hoping this year is the year for both of us to bring our children home.

Jane and Jim said...

Whew! Now doesn't it feel real??
I know it was a tremendous decision to make but just keep moving forward from here on out. Everyone said this would be a roller coaster and man is it ever... 2008 will bring us all to the babies - this is OUR year! Keep thinking positively, the Russian Christmas/New Year rush is almost over. We need to enjoy our quiet whilst we have it!
xxooo Jane

Susan said...

Congratulations on your decision! We have had nothing but positive things happen (minus our dossier being lost) since we switched agencies and we believe it is the path we were meant to follow.

I know you'll see good things in 2008 with the new agency! I can't wait to hear about a referral!