Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our session with LeAnna Fisher Photography

Well I got the pictures back from our first official photography session. A local photographer does short mini session for about 100 dollars within walking distance of my home. Supporting local businesses is a big thing for us. Here is the funny thing my dear friend at work saw the preview pictures on Facebook and realized that she is friends with her mother. What a small world. I highly recommend this photographer because she has high energy but not over the top where you feel uncomfortable. Even Gerard liked how she handled the session and allowed his picture to be taken with miminal fuss. Here is her web site LeAnna Fisher Photography. I have always wanted to have REAL professional pictures taken of the three of us but I could never afford the steep price. Okay, the planning part was always hard too. When both of us worked nights one of us always looked tired.

In all I am very happy with the end product. There was one picture that I really wanted to come out but I feel it is a touch out of focus. I guess it is hard even for the professionals. The one I like the best I am pulling a "Gerard" and have my back to the camera. It is still by far my favorite probably because they are my favorite subjects.

When we were getting ready for our 9 am session. I was rushing around, applied my make up, brushed my hair (I am terrible at styling it), and ran to get dressed (last one of course). Anna walked out of the bathroom and said "I'm ready!" The little dear had applied lipstick. She started to cry when I told her we needed to talk it off. Lipstick is by far her favorite. She made a good argument as to why she needed to wear lipstick so we struck a deal.

The first set of pictures she would have no lipstick. The last ones she could wear some lipstick. The photographer is a bit of a retro girl and LOVES red lipstick herself so even she was pleased. I have already decided that we will have her take our pictures again.





 
 
I think I have the picture that I wanted for our Christmas card but I need to get the okay from Gerard first because it is a family picture. If not I will be scrambling at the last minute to get one of her that I like.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE the photo of the two of you. You can see the love on your face. So special!
Melissa
P.S. I'd love to see a photo of Gerard! Tell him we all say yes to it!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

LOVE!!!!