Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gone!

Saturday morning Anna and I were getting ready for the day. You know the standard, Get dressed, wash our faces, brush our hair and teeth. It was that last step that she noticed that something was different. A few drops of blood from her front bottom gum! Anna's tooth was very wiggly! She had been preparing for a birthday party of one of her classmates. Her reaction was so funny "I won't be able to eat the cake!" Now I had to hold back my chuckle because I am pretty sure nothing would stop me from eating cake. I reassured her that she could still eat the cake.

Gerard was on birthday party detail this Saturday because I had a massive project to complete for school. I gave both of them very clear and concise instructions (at least I thought they were clear and concise) about what to do when/if the tooth came out. About 2 hours after they left for the party I got a call. It was Gerard telling me that she lost her tooth. I was both sad and excited for Anna. That is when he told me that he could not find it anywhere.

My heart sunk. He told me were the party was so that I could come over to help him look for the tooth. I started to cry. How could I miss this first too? I know this is just feeling sorry for myself so I dried my eyes on the drive over. I pulled up to a yard full of adults and children playing around. There was Gerard on his hands and knees searching for the tooth. When I walk in a couple of the mothers said that he has been searching for nearly an hour for the tooth. We decided that it was just gone and we (Gerard and I) would have to just accept that. We picked up a small rock as a replacement.

So now on to Anna's reaction. She ran over to tell me she lost her tooth. She was excited and not the least bit phased that we could not find it. I asked her "Where did your tooth go?" To which she replied "Gone!" and ran away with her friends. So there you have it, Anna met this milestone without any problem and it was me who was a crying mess.

More on the tooth fairy in the next post.

 
This is the before shot with her tooth.

3 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh my! Congratulations Anna on this major big girl milestone!

Melissa said...

Congrats Anna! We're so excited for you. And Joy, I think I would have been crying too. I was so excited when Colby's tooth came out (All be it very early I think at age 4). I was happy to finally be there for one of his firsts. But I'm glad she did well and enjoyed her party, cake and all!
Melissa

Janet said...

Congats Anna! What did the tooth fairy leave you? janet