Friday, June 29, 2012

What a wonderful day for the zoo!

This week has flown by for us. I have anticipated the arrival of a fellow blogger friend and Russian adoption Momma to the area for a short vacation. We decided to head to the zoo with Anna and her children Hope, Connor, and Parker. Right away Anna gave gave Parker a new nickname so he will forever be known to me as Big Guy. Anna LOVES to be with other children playing and fooling around. Hope and Anna ran through the zoo stopping to call the other over to see what animal was close by.

I loved how Big Guy and Connor would lift up Hope and Anna up to see over the rail. Big Guy and Connor are two of the nicest young men I have met in a long time. So sweet and caring toward their sister. Kellie and I were talking about our travels to Russia and I was quite impressed how Connor asked questions about the process. What I loved the most was how Kellie handled his questions with good honest answers. Kellie is so natural with her children with the right balance of caring, joking and structure. Because Anna is my one and only I am not ususally faced with the type of questions he asked about traveling. Believe me every question he asked was because he loves his sister unconditionally.

Everytime I meet up with a fellow adoptive mom I feel an instant connection. I guess it is the same as when a woman gives birth and tells of their birth story. I find it so easy to talk and share with those who have gone down the same path as I have.
The kids played so well at the zoo and Sonic. I hope that we can get together again very soon.
Now for the pictures....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the pics of Anna and Hope. They look like they had a great time. Maybe one day we can get together too.
Melissa

Laura said...

Great!!! By the time the cruise rolls around, the girls will be old-time friends! :)

~Laura

Kellie said...

We had such a great time. I wish we would have snapped more pictures though!
Thank you for the sweet comments on my kiddos. They are quite awesome in my opinion! ;-) Let's get together again soon.