Tuesday, June 5, 2012

нулевой Yup that is how many I have left!

For those of you who are not fluent in Russian (neither and I thank you Google translate) I have ZERO Post Placement Reports left to complete. I can not believe that we are done with the post placement reports how can that be? Yesterday, Christine arrived as usual to visit with Anna, Gerard and I. It was a little bitter sweet because this is the last time she will be at our home for the purposes of checking on Anna.

We talked about how Anna was progressing in school, speech, eating and just general attachment to both of us. We talked about my finances which I will save for another post (I have some big news there too!). We talked about traveling with Anna, places we have been and places I would like to take her. What I am doing to save for her college education. The visit was wonderful. We did discuss a few hard things that I will save for next week.

You all know how much Anna loves horses...right? If we are playing she wants to be the horse and I have to be the princess or Gerard has to be the prince. I think one of the funniest things that she has ever said to me was "Hmmmm that flower smells like a horse!" Which by the way is a good thing. During most the entire visit Anna decided that she was Diamond the horse from a chapter book I am reading to her. Prior to Christine's arrival Anna NEEDED a diamond on her forehead like the horse. She wanted me to use a sharpie marker but I opted for a piece of post-it paper cut into a square. So she wore her diamond on her head the entire visit. I explained the reason for its presence and Christine laughed.

On a different note the agency has approached me with an opportunity that I had never thought about before. They asked me if I would be willing to give pre-adoptive parents a class on baby care. When she mentioned it I jumped at the chance. They are looking for someone with adoption and nursing experience and they thought of me. I think I will put a little something together for them and see what they think.

I have also made up my mind that I have had it with Gerard's photography. I need a real set of pictures of us. No more fooling around. These are the two best pictures from the 100, yes you read that right 100 pictures that Gerard took of us yesterday.




Now that the post placement reports are done I will pack up a bunch of Anna's paperwork for storage. When she wants to see it I will pull it out and we will talk about it. It feels so nice to almost be done. I will have to make 2 trips to Trenton for the appostiles, send out 10 pictures and then mail everything to Michigan. After that we are done!

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Woo hoo!!! Welcome to the "after" party!!! : ) I can't believe you are done now, too! Seems like that day will never come and then, boom! It's over! It is a little strange, isn't it? but, life goes one and so must we. Time to move on to the rest of our lives. . .

I'm going to start working on getting Aidan's Russian passport updated in the fall. . .I'll post my progress and (hopefully) successes.

Melissa said...

Yeah! So excited for you! Welcome, as Stacy said, to the "after" party set. After waiting so long for our kiddos to come home, it seems like only yesterday that they did. Can't believe it has been 3 years!
Melissa

Liane said...

Hi !!
I would LOVE to take real family pictures for you !! (You, Anna and Gerard if he would like) !!
I live about 15 minutes from the Apostille office in Trenton so when you come up here for that, we can meet up !!!
Let me know if you are interested. You can check out my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/#!/photographybylianeg
Liane
(I have 3 Russian treasures of my own !!)

kate said...

I can't believe it's been THREE years! I remember when you got her referral.

Blessings and joy!