Friday, June 8, 2012

Living in a small town

Some times I cross the path of the nicest people and it just amazes me. Today is the last full day of school for Anna. Monday and Tuesday she has half days so I really wanted to get a few things done. Like usual if you dangle a shiny ball in front of my face I am instantly distracted. I had planned on finishing up my homework for this week, taking a quiz and starting on next weeks reading. The shiny ball today was an uncashed pay check. I dropped Anna at school and decided to cash my paycheck.
I drove to the next town over about 3 miles from my house to the back...insert next shiny ball...Michael's craft store. I wanted to drop in for a few minutes to pick up a few note cards for Anna's teacher's gifts than walk to the movie theater for movie tickets for the teachers. I am always at a loss for what to get the teachers and I thought I like the movies and never seem to go because it is too darn expensive. In order to get the the movie theater I have to pass TJ Maxx and Five Below. Oh course I stopped at both. Now I marched off to my car noting the time and I thought to myself I can at least get my homework done in time.
Well...as I was driving home stuffing Turkish Delights candy into my mouth I hit the curb and took out my front tire. Sigh! I will say that Gerard and I just had a conversation about my tires this past weekend. He told me I needed to put new tires into the budget for the end of the summer. The last time I bought tires they were very expensive like 800 dollars. Gerard always prefers that I change all four at the same time. As I got out of the car I thanked God for AAA because I knew Gerard was not around to change the tire. A very nice tow truck man came changed the tire and said he thought he had a good used one at his shop. With my spare on the car I drove the mile over to his shop where indeed he did have the tire. I dropped off my rim and old tire and he said I could drive home and he would put the new tire on in my driveway.
Here is the slightly weird part...I told him "You don't know where I live." Which he answered "Sure I do."  Darn if he did not know where I lived. I admit I live in a very small town but this is always a touch weird to me and not even the first time it has happened to me. Today I am just thankful that I live where I live even though apparently everyone in town knows who I am and where I live.

1 comment:

bethr10181 said...

Hi Joy,
I guess I'm what you would call a lurker- but I'm coming out of the shadows to reassure you a little. I believe when you call AAA, your home address comes up on their computer and/or paper work...... scared the heck out of me when I killed the battery in my car 3x in one week!

~Beth