Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer time fun

So this past week I have been off from school. I have only 7 more weeks of this class but really only 5 more weeks of projects. The last week is to complete the final and the one before that is to study for the final. Unfortunately, I did not plan better because i had 3 days scheduled this week...or maybe that was a good thing.

I love being active. Anna loves to be active too. Finding that balance between doing something and relaxing is a struggle for both of us. So today is a rest and play at home day. We stopped watching  TV about a year ago. We do let Anna watch a movie to two at night but we stopped just having it on in the background. I am so glad that we did because now I am able to listen to her play. The conversations that she is having with the "guys." Today she was calling "Momma, Momma look at this!" When I answered "Okay here I come. " She looked at me like I was crazy and said "No Momma the horse Momma."

This past week Anna, Hans, Me-Me and I made some stepping stones that did not turn out quite right so we have decided we will do them again in the next couple of weeks. Yesterday Anna and I met up with a friend from her preschool class at the bay beach. We had such a great time. The past two days have really felt like summer around here with the temperature hitting close to 100 degrees. The water was refreshing. We had a regular crowd at the bay beach, Gerard's parents, sister, Me-Me, Greg and Hans. 

I have figured out that it is much easier to have another child for Anna to play with and Nathan is such a nice boy. The bigger bonus is I like his Mother too so it made it easy to sit on the beach and talk.


I can not believe how big Hans is getting.


That is the back of JoanMarie's head and Grammy. Check out that beautiful hair on JM.


Anna does not like to be sticky so she does not like to actually hold the ice cream.


So this is what we have been up too. Tomorrow I plan on running is The Survival Race with my friend Sarah. Yup, I am really going to do it. Sarah is a good partner for me for this race. We have strict rules. We must finish but just not last and to have fun while doing it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I love the red hair on JoanMarie! She must be adorable. Sounds like a good start to summer. It is sweltering hot here but thankfully will cool off soon.
Melissa