Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lost my camera!


Or at least I thought I lost it. Let me give you a bit of the back story so that it makes a bit more sense. Friday I was off. My Mother came over because I was going to make burgers on the grill. We were sitting outside enjoying the warm weather with no humidity. For  my Mother enjoying the warm weather is very hard. It can not be too hot and if there is a drop of humidity that is it she has to stay in the air conditioning. So Friday was a big treat for her. Anna was playing at her sand table and I was taking her picture. These pictures in fact.




That is when my Mother reminded me that the last time she was at our beach was right after Anna came home from Russia. This made me think of these pictures.





I suggested that we go to the beach. It was about 6pm so I knew that it was not going to get hotter in fact the conditions would probably only get better for my Mother. We loaded up the car and were off to the beach. Where I took these pictures.







So Saturday morning I decided that I needed to go to Target to print this picture (Anna's first day of preschool 2011) for a project I have planned on Tuesday.


This where the story gets a little crazy. The lady behind the counter at the photolab was a bit nervous about my prints. I think it is because she does not usually work in that area so I think some of her anxiety transferred over to me. Anna's swim mate walked in and her parents started up a conversation with me as well. All innocent stuff but things that caused me to become distracted. I was trying to hurry up to get done and back home to pick up Gerard so we could go to the seaport in town to see a little show. My one only concern when I am in public is Anna's safety. I collected and paid for my prints, grabbed Anna's hand and we hurried out the door.

It was not until I went to grab my camera for the seaport show that I realized that I did not have it. I looked at Gerard with a heavy heart and said "I lost my camera." I do carry it pretty much every where. In the past couple of months I have not taken as many pictures but I miss not having those memories. One day it might be very important for Anna to see pictures of her with Gerard and I and other family members. I was so thankful that I had downloaded my pictures from Friday so all that would have been lost was the camera but replacing the camera was not in the budget...sigh.

After the show we dropped Gerard off at his truck and he left for work. I tracked back up to Target in the hopes that someone had turned in my camera. As I walked in I spotted my camera bag immediately. What a relief. I picked it up thanked God that some good person turned it in and we went home.

But that is not the end. Once we were home I took a few more pictures.



Anna has been begging for red toe nails




These are what we refer to as happy face and mad face respectively.


This picture reminded me of the next picture taken in April 2010.




All of these pictures may seem very random but they are all snap shoots in my mind of things I never want to forget.







3 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

LOVE the red toenails. . .I have them too! And very glad you got your camera back.

Melissa said...

I think I would have had a melt down. I LOVE my camera and would be so upset without it. Glad you got it back though. I love the random pics. Anna has changed so much.
Melissa

Laura said...

Like you, I keep my camera with me at all times...and if not my camera, then my iPhone (which has over 1900 photos)! I just feel like I need to capture these memories and document it in the blog just in case...

I'm glad you got your camera back...we need to continue seeing beautiful shots of your angel --- can't wait to meet all of you next year (including Mr. Wilson!!)!!

~Laura