Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why am I up?

While everyone else sleeps I woke up at 3:30 this morning and have not been able to go back to sleep. I surfed facebook for a bit and realized that is pretty unproductive. My thoughts of doing a little bit of homework were overshadowed by the pile of bills that needed my attention.

Can I share with you that I so want to be out of debt? Well I have been working hard on getting there in the hopes to be able to do more fun things other than pay bills. We are so close to being where we want to be. My hope is that I can stay on this path.

Did I mention that I started taking Anna to church last week? When you sit in my back yard you can hear the church bells from the beautiful Baptist Church that we pass on our way to drop Anna off at school. Anna has asked me a couple off times if this is her church. Although it is very nice church and I have been to a few services there it is not the right church for me. I told her no our church is near the beach. With that she has replied I going to church this week. I thought well why not? I used to go to church every week before I started to work the night shift. Actually Gerard and I both went together every week.

With my previous schedule I worked into or out of 3 out of 4 Sundays which makes going to church hit or miss. Gerard worked every Saturday and Sunday so he never got the option of going to church once he started to work the night shift. I want Anna to feel comfortable going to church so I have decided now that my schedule is a little different I will make every effort to go to church with her when I am off.

So last week I told her about the behavior that I expected and I was pleasantly surprised. She is very ready to sit through the service. She very quietly asked a few questions than before I could answer her she would tell me "Shhh you have to be quiet we are in church." When we came home Gerard asked her about the service with that she replied "There was no donkey. He is gone now." I believe she is referring to the donkey that carried Mary to Bethlehem. Every baby that made a sound was baby Jesus in her mind. I think it is so sweet the way she thinks.

No comments: