Thursday, February 16, 2012

Long time no post!

How is it possible that this many days have passed without me posting anything. Well Gerard has successfully competed his first week of the night shift at his new job. How is it going you ask? Well tonight we both decided that he is really not a night shift worker. This is a fact I already knew but I think he needed to figure it out. The shift he is working is 11p-7a which does not sound bad except he does not get to see Anna at all.

She goes to school all day and he needs to go to bed by 4 pm. We will not talk about the difficulty that I have experienced in trying to keep a 4 year old quiet at 4 pm. So after the first day I sent him to his parent's house to sleep. Yup, I booted him out to sleep at his parent's house but that does not work for us either. I know that the answer is probably that he needs to work the day shift again. I do think he would be happier. I know I would be happier. Because I work 12 hour shifts, I leave after dinner and make it home in time to get Anna ready for school. I am able to sleep while she is at school. For me it works, for him not so much.

I will admit that I have been crabby. Stop acting shocked I know I have been crabby. I think I just miss not having him around so much. I need to have more patience (I would love to hear any quotes or scripture to help me with this).

On a different note I have completed my first week of running/walking. I feel good that I have been able to complete this week. The past two days have been wet and cold so I am hoping to start week 2 tomorrow. I have been recording my diet through the my fitness pal app on my phone. I highly recommend this app. If you use this app apparently we can be friends on this site which is pretty cool. I have lost just over 3 pounds. I feel like I am well on my way to becoming healthy.

I had a few sad days this week but I think I have snapped out of it after a stern talking to by Gerard. I hate to admit it but he is right so I have already started to move on. So there you have it, no real good reason for not blogging.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hey you,

Midnight shift is rough. I know. I commiserate. Fortunately, Pat only has to do it every six weeks. But I hate it! Although, I think I hate 3-11 worse--then we really never see him! And, with children, it never gets easy trying to keep them quiet!! I end up dragging Aidan all over Northern Virginia trying to kee phim occupied while Pat sleeps! Hockey helps and thank goodness our basement is fully fitted out for those wet or snowy days. . .although on those days Pat is usually at work!

Anyways, keep up the great work on the new totally fit you! It's good feeling good!!

Stacy