Tuesday, February 28, 2012

She is in the OR now

What a day today has already been. I woke Anna up at 2:00 am to drink some Kefir because I knew she would be looking for some in the middle of the night. Yes Anna is still on a bottle but only at night and only for me. She gave it up months ago for everyone else but still insists that I give it to her. So I do.

She slept well and woke up around 8 am with a new phrase..."Momma I hungry." All I could think was who the heck is this kid because mine is never hungry and eating always a struggle. Our OR time was 1:30 pm, which was both good and bad. Good because Gerard was able to make it home sleep for about 45 minutes and accompany us to the hospital. Bad because my baby woke up hungry.

Anna loves PJs perhaps even more than I do. When I told her she could wear any pair of PJs that she wanted today all day this made her day. She cried a lite bit on our drive to the hospital because she was hungry but the movies in her room helped to keep her mind off that for a little bit.

We walked her down to the pre-operative area where I met her dentist and the anesthesologist. "Oh shoot" is all I could think because he is probably the only one I don't know. I did however know everyone else and they told him "Of course she can take her to the OR"

I gave her the pre-operative medications and she got loopy pretty fast. She kept laughing at our hats and trying to snap my jacket. What stuck me as familiar is she stopped holding on as I was holding her which was a strange reminder of how she was when she came home from Russia. I made them all promise to come and get me the minute I can come back the OR. She will still be intubated but I am fine with being there when they extubate her.

I just finished a quick lunch and sent Gerard to her pediatric room to rest. I expect she will be out of the OR in about 30 minutes. As soon as she is out stable and I am able I will post the update. Thank you all for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

JennStar said...

Praying everything goes as it should and that there are no complications- and for peace for you and Gerard!

Melissa said...

Hope everything went well. My thoughts are with you. I can picture her on the "juju" juice as we called it. Colby was really funny after drinking it and after coming around from the anesthesia. We couldn't stop laughing. Keep us posted.
Melissa