Monday, June 2, 2008

No Adoption News-Just Dottie News

Well as many of you know that have read this blog for the past couple of weeks I have been challenged by Dottie. She has been on and off pretty sick. The other day she never made it out of the bed expect when I picked her up to take her outside. Now that she is back on the antibiotics once again she is back to her sparkly self. I think I am just crazy at times because it seems so unpredictable. The Vet called me back and there seems to be only a very slight improvement in her urine.

She is in renal failure and the doctor told me that he is not optimistic about the future. So we will follow up with another urine and exam in one month. She is also on a new low protein diet. Pasta and cottage cheese. Yum. The poor thing ate it down like I was giving her a treat. No more treats only cooked pasta.

The ironic thing is that because I never had a dog before I followed all the rules. She never got table food one dog food. We went for obedience training. When I first got her I discouraged her from barking, scratching and licking. She is one of the quietest dogs that I have ever seen. So I guess I will just have to wait and see what the next couple of months bring us. I know that what ever path this takes it will be the path that God has planned for her.

9 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Bless your heart! I'm worried about you and Dottie. You're in my prayers.

cm

Janine said...

I'm sorry to hear about Dottie. I thought she was doing so well again. You both are in my thoughts.

Becky and Keith said...

As an animal lover, your post breaks my heart! I hope things begin to improve now that she is back on the antibiotics.

Troy and Rachel said...

We'll be praying for Dottie. I know where you are right now as I have been through it. Hang in there.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
I am so sorry that you are going through this with Dottie. You can just tell how sweet she is. I really feel for you right now. Hang in there and we are praying that Dottie gets better.
Take care...Teresa

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Dottie. My heart goes out to you and her. Prayers are being sent up for Dottie. Hang in there.

Jane and Jim said...

I've had doggies since I was 3 and EVERY one of them are special and most were like my children...it's very very hard to watch someone you love (human or animal) go through something like this.
I've been thinking about you and will be praying for Dottie.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Oh, Joy, I am so sorry about Dottie. Hopefully, the antibiotics will work and keep her feeling good. I'll be praying for her health too.

Anita said...

I was shocked to read this! Dottie looks like such a young pup in the picture! Praying for you and her!