Tuesday, June 10, 2008

An Exercise in Being Positive **Edited**

Everyday Gerard and I try to tell each other at least one positive story or thing that happened for that day. We try our best to focus on the things that the positive in our lives. I think this is the reason why I have been pretty happy the past couple of years and also the reason why the wait is not killing me. I am hoping that this technique will help me through the wait between the two trips.

Secretly I have read many blogs and prayed that this person or that person get their referral before me. I know that this may sound crazy but this is what I have done. Well today my good story was about a fellow blogger that I do not know well. I stumbled upon her blog during her wait between trips. She has done everything that she can to remain positive. Well she got her call to return to her little one.

God works in mysterious ways. Please send your thoughts and prayers to Matt and Carla for a safe speedy trip.

**Edited** Please Becky and Keith all of your thoughts and prayers as well. She got her court dates too!!!**

6 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Joy, I love this idea! I think my husband & I need to incorporate this into our daily lives as well. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Thank you, Joy! I am so honored to have been among your positive news on Monday.

You have a great name. This week - I am feeling pure joy.

cm

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
I love the idea of saying 1 positive thing each day - I need to start doing this more. We have so much to be thankful for and sometimes when we are feeling sorry for ourselves, we forget. For me, this process has been such an emotional roller-coaster and I know I have a lot more of the ups and downs to go, but I am going to try to stay more positive. Thanks for sharing this. All the Best! Teresa

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I love telling the positive. Many people take hearing positive new as insults and that your bragging how good your life is ; in actuallity most people will tell you 7 bad things before they tell you one positive thing in their life. Greg and I focus on the good and brush off the bad. I'm glad to hear that you and i are very simular in our outlook on life. I wish your friend and you with uncle g the best in your quest for finding the perfect little one to complete your already great lives!!!

Deb said...

You have a huge heart to be able to see those as positive as you wait.
Very good idea to always find something positive. I'll have to start that with Dave.

Christen L said...

Joy you are seriously an amazing woman. I love coming to your blog because I always feel uplifted. School has been keeping me too busy and it's been awhile since I last visited, but I am thinking of you and Gerard and praying for good news for you two! :)