Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm Back! No Not From Russia

I know it has been a bit since my last post. I am happy to report that Dottie is doing very well on her diet of cottage cheese and pasta (yuk). She seems to be back to her regular self. I have a great picture of her eating some ice cream that I will post later. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

I guess I have been a bit off this past week. I guess I am just worrying about the things that I can not change. I think up until last week I have been okay with the wait but I got an email last week that felt like a verbal spanking. The email came from my agency and honestly I believe that the intension of the email was to ease every one's concerns and worries about not getting a quick referral. The letter was just a general notice and not addressed to any one person. I know that my feelings were me over reacting. The email basically states that the wait has increased for a child under 18 months of age that is relatively healthy. The time frame was unspecified but it went over how only a certain number of Dossiers can be registered at one time and so forth.

My way of handling news like this is to wait and re-read the message again. Well that is what I did but I made a fundamental mistake. I did not wait long enough so when I re-read it I got even more upset. So my plan is to make a call this week to just check in with my coordinator. I know that there is no news but I want to talk to her about the email and make sure that I am not blowing it out of proportion (As I am sure I am doing just that).

I do have some happier news. I spent the weekend with my 2 youngest nephews. We took the littlest one (Sloan 5 months) to the beach for the first time. I got some great pictures of them with my sister and my Mother. We took the kids to a kiddy amusement park that is around the corner from me. What a difference a year can make. Last year Aristotle (5) was not tall enough to ride the small go-karts by himself. Well this year he was able to ride it by himself. His reaction was priceless. "Yes I get the red one!!" I would love for you all to see a picture of them because they are very cute but I keep forgetting to ask my sister if it is okay to post their pictures.

So there you have it. No good news and no bad news, just no news!

6 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
That is terrible news - For all of us waiters. My agency did say that things slow down generally in the summer, but it is such a bummer to hear that everything is slowing down. Oh well - We have no control over anything in this process and that is what makes it so hard! Well, Hang in there! I am so glad to hear Dottie is doing well - That is great news! Oh, by the way, I got the blue dresser at Ikea a long time ago, it used to be Kevin's dresser. Also, I loved your idea about the old trucks on shelves - that is so cute! Well take care and enjoy your summer- It is so nice that you are near the ocean! Teresa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hi Joy,
Hang in there! I know it is so hard, but just keep thinking to yourself that it is all in God's time. We don't make these things happen. . .He does! And, just be patient with your Agency. I'm sure they weren't picking any one person out. Remember that they are as much at the mercy of the Russian government as you. . .
On the brighter side, great news about Dottie! Being a dog lover, I know how that goes. And, what fun you had with your nephews!
Always in my prayers,
Stacy

Deb said...

Glad Dottie is doing well on her new diet.

I'm so sorry to hear your dissappointing news. The wait is terrible. I hope they are able to shed some light on how long the wait might be when you talk with them this week.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I have never wanted to have a crystal ball (or at least my agency to have one) as much as I have during this whole adoption process. The wait is hard, no doubt, but you WILL get the call, and like everyone says... it will be when you least expect it. You should talk to your agency if it makes you feel better, but be prepared to hear that they don't know anymore. The summer months are slow even when you have a referral. Hang in there and keep busy with your sweet family!

Good to hear Dottie is feeling better!

Unknown said...

I also feel your pain! I read & reread everything from our agency. I likely read too far into most of it too :-) SOmetimes it is just hard!
Glad Dottie is doing better!

Unknown said...

I got the same e-mail and even though we do not even have our dossier complete yet, it made me upset. But I know the whole process is a test of faith and knowing that God's timing is perfect. Hang-in there. Enjoy the summer, we are just starting to get a little in Washington.