Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Additional Documents Needed. Who knew that would happen?

What will I do when there are no more documents that need to be collected, notarized and apostilled? What will I do with my time? I have to say I am a little nervous about finishing up all the paperwork. Now before any of you think I am crazy I know that the paperwork will truly never be done.

I am afraid that once I am not having to put together documents and wait for the postman I will start to get anxious about waiting for a referral. I think the best way to combat this is to start to make a few lists of things that need to be done prior to traveling.

My agency contacted me yesterday and asked for a few additional documents (4 in total). I already have 2 out the 4 in an envelope addressed and ready to be mailed. I need one additional document from my home study agency which I emailed them a copy today. By far the funniest document that I did not include in the initial dossier package that I sent last week was pictures of me.

How I forgot to include these pictures is beyond me. Even funnier is I hate getting my picture taken. I know you are all saying we see your face on this blog more often then we would like to see but the reality is that I am trying to get used to having my picture taken again.

One interesting fact about me is that I used to be a beauty queen. This is a little known fact. In my younger years I would compete in beauty pageants. I loved everything about them, and then one day I got too busy to put on make up and do my hair. I keep asking my friends "when are you going to nominate me for What Not to Wear?"

3 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hi Joy,

Thanks for comments on our blog! We're excited, to say the least. . .Don't sweat the paperwork. Just when you think it will never end, it finally does! And then you get to do a little more to take with you : ). We're gathering our last little bit before our final trip in less than two weeks! I'll keep you in my prayers that a referral happens soon!
Stacy

Troy and Rachel said...

There is always another document - at least I think that is the mentality of Russian adoption. One day that last piece will be a court document though and we are all looking forward to that!

Carey and Norman said...

Sometimes I think we are never going to finish with all the paperwork required. You are completing some document from the time you begin the adoption process until the day before you travel, before Court, b/w Court and your Gotcha Day, and then still have upcoming Post Placement reports to do. I guess it is all part of the process. What better way to learn about yourself, right?