Friday, February 29, 2008

Documents Received and Documents Sent



Yesterday I was out of the house at a training a seminar for the entire day then a second trip to Ikea and out to dinner with Am and Eddie (Sister and Brother-in-Law). I called to check in on Dottie and to let Gerard know that I was be home late. As everyone knows I wait for the mailman daily as does Dottie. I just happened to ask Gerard "Did you get the mail today?" He answered with "Yes I did and you got a package from the State of New Jersey"



You all know what that the package was the dossier is back and apostilled. So today I spent the day looking at all the documents. I pictured them, stacked them, wrote a check and sent them off to the agency. I figured it was best to not worry so much about them and send them off. What a relief to know that the dossier is on its way.



I have always loved the pictures of the apostilled documents. I just could not wait to be able to post this picture. According to the agency my dossier should be in Moscow by mid March. So I have set the time line for my referral. Compared to this time last year my life has changed completely. I was exploring which agency and country and know I am so close to a referral. All I can say is WOW.

7 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how excited we all get over those shiny gold seals?? :-) I even had an extra document apostilled so I could keep one for my scrapbook. I know, I'm crazy. :-) I'm so glad your dossier is on it's way - you must be SO relieved!

ana said...

Congratulations!!! It's a wonderful feeling to have that stack of docs with all the gold seals. Things are really moving forward for you now.

Jane and Jim said...

Congrats!
Just another check off the list - you've accomplished a lot since leaving CHI!
I wish I would have taken a pic of mine.

Susan said...

Yay, your dossier is on its way! It won't be long now until you get your referral and we are all reading about travel dates.

Deb said...

Congratz! So glad you finally got your pics of the apostilled docs.

Huge step! I hope your wait is a short one.

Christen L said...

Wow is right! Congrats.... what a lovely sight, all that paperwork is?!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Isn't it so wonderful seeing the dossier all put together and the feeling of sending it on its way?!

I wanted to answer your question about Owen's size when we came home. At 14 months old when we met him, he was a 6 month size (and 16 pounds) and at 18 months when he came home he was a 9 month size (a skinny 20 pounds), but only for about a month! He quickly grew to a 12 month and now is in 18 and 24 month clothes 7 months later :)