Friday, March 21, 2008

No News But Lots of Shopping

Everything has been pretty quiet on the adoption home front. I am settling in with the idea that the dossier is in Moscow and being translated. I really do not expect to hear anything for a couple of months. During this whole process I have tried to set my sights on the worst possible case scenario. I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised each time I do this so I am just going to keep plugging along.

So you ask "what have I been doing because there are no new posts here on the blog." I have picked up so extra time at work to save a little bit of money. Then there is school, I have been able to keep up with that also; two more weeks and I have one more class done. What else hmmm let me see oh yes SHOPPING!

I do not know about anyone else but the sales this year have been great. I have gotten so many great buys on things that I will use. See I have been seeing Susan's therapist Mr. Kohls and he is just wonderful. I got a pair of Levis with the adjustable waist for 90 cents and a shirt to match for 60 cents. I found PJs for 1.75 so I got one is every size. I look at it this way I have it and it will cost me more when I am not working as much.

For some reason every time I bring something into the house for the baby Dottie goes crazy. She wages her tail, sniffs the bags up and down. I even found her trying on some of the clothes. I will leave you with the picture.



Fishing hat 25 cents. Dottie putting it on priceless.

8 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

What great deals- You should be a professional shopper!

See, Dottie knows the baby is coming soon and is SOOO excited!
Dogs are truly the best!

Susan said...

Ah yes, a girl after my own heart! You know my mother called me all upset about seeing a therapist and wanting to know why I didn't call her to talk about my problems. I had to tell her the "therapist" was the mall and assure her I wasn't seeing a shrink.

Dottie looks really cute in that hat!

Becky and Keith said...

What a cutie your dog is in that hat!! :-) I'm so glad you're having fun shopping!

Christen L said...

LOVE IT! :)

Sounds like you have a very positive attitude about things - that seems so important in the ups and downs of this process. Good for you!

junglemama said...

You got some great deals! Dottie looks adorable!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
I just happened to find your blog. What a cute dog! My husband and I are in the process of adopting too and I just started a blog a couple of weeks ago. If you would like to follow along, please email me at townleyt@att.net Best wishes with everything! Teresa Townley

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Look at Dottie!! Too funny! You got some great deals! Isn't retail therapy the best kind?

Thank you for your comment on our blog today. I LOVE taking pictures of Owen, and Jim enjoys photography too so we are having a ball with the camera we got for Christmas :)

Your Easter will be so special next year!! I can't wait for you to experience all of the joys of motherhood!

Anita said...

WOW! Those are some great deals! Wish I loved shopping enough to shop sales. I generally just go get whatever we need, b/c shopping is not fun, IMO.