Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hmmm What is Different? About 18 Inches!



Okay no new adoption information. My dossier is still in the translation phase. Next week I am going to start my search for an account who will verify my assets, debts and income. Oh what fun? Because I am not assigned to a specific region as of yet I do not know whether or not I need a State Police Clearance or a FBI clearance. I will bet that I will need an FBI clearance but you know how international adoptions are so I was thinking about getting both. I figure it can not hurt. I know exactly what they will find so I am good to go. By the way I have a sparklingly clean record. Yah for me.

Know this brings me to the title of this post. Can anyone tell what is different? You guessed it I cut my hair. In total about 18 inches worth was donated to the Locks of Love organization. This is one thing about me that makes Gerard crazy he like my hair to stay long. I love however to donate the hair for others to use. So every couple of years I chop it off. By no means is my hair short now but in his mind it is very short. It took me a couple of days to get used to so that is the reason why I have not mentioned it.



Okay anyone that has read a little bit of this blog knows about my camera phobia, which by the way I think I am starting to get over. Some of my favorite posts on the blogs that I read are the ones that have pictures attached. It amazes me that people can take such beautiful pictures of their children because in my opinion I think it has to be pretty hard to get some of these great shots.

Dottie with her toes in the water

Because I have been trying to practice taking pictures and today was so beautiful I decided to take Dottie to the beach. The sun was shining and the temperature was close to 60 degrees. Now all of you who read this blog and are blessed with warm weather stop laughing at me that is really warm for New Jersey in March. Anyway I think I may be getting the hang of taking my own picture. Here are the results of the day.


Thinking about the day I will travel across the atlantic for my Little One!

9 comments:

Christen L said...

I think your hair looks great - so healthy! :) Frank is the same way as Gerard. He likes my hair long, long, long. I've never had it short, but I like to change it up every now and again.

The photos of your "baby" are cute, too.

Tiger & Kar said...

Wow! 18 inches and your hair is still that long?! That's amazing. I think your hair looks beautiful. Thank you for donating your locks. It means so much to the people who receive the help.

All of the phtos are great and I especially love the last one with its caption. Dottie is beautiful as well!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
Your hair looks great and such great pictures! - The water looks so blue. I always try to grow my hair long and then when I am in that in-between stage, I chop it off again. Looks like your doggie had a great time at the beach!

Troy and Rachel said...

I think it is great that you donate to locks of love. I have thought about doing that also! Dottie and you look so happy on the beach together!! What a nice short getaway!

Jane and Jim said...

Your haircut is beautiful and what a wonderful thing to do with the cut part!

Love the pics - especially the last one.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi, Joy,

Wow! You had 18 inches to give and still have long hair?!? My hair is the longest it's ever been, and I only have 8 inches to give which would result in a chin-length bob! I've wanted to donate my hair for quite a while now, but now I've gotten used to having long hair and don't feel like it's quite long enough yet. Jim actually prefers short hair so he won't mind at all if I cut it. You make me want to go for it! :)

Your haircut looks beautiful! It's a very pretty length and accentuates your pretty face!

Becky and Keith said...

Your hair looks GREAT! Your dog is absolutely adorable!!

Melissa said...

Love the hair!! I haven't blogged about it, yet, but I just chopped mine, right after Easter. I think we took close to 10 inches off, and it is very short.

And about pictures - just keep practicing!! The key to taking good pictures of children is to just follow them with the camera & get down on their level (meaning, only rarely shoot "down" at them, unless it's just what you have to do in a quick moment). Everything else pretty well takes care of itself. :)

Anita said...

Congratulations on donating your hair to Locks of Love. That's one thing I've always wanted to do in my life time! I love the length your hair is now!

And the pics are great!