Sunday, March 9, 2008

You're Going To Miss This

I was driving in the car last night on my way home from work and I heard a song by Trace Adkins titled "You're Going to Miss This". I started thinking about how so many things have changed. Honestly, I must be one of those weird people that have really enjoyed this whole process. I have not minded filling out the paperwork or the cost or anything.

After listening to this song I really thought about it this is my paper pregnancy and I love it. Unlike many who are adopting I have not had any infertility treatments. Gerard and I believed that if God did not intervene and help us to become pregnant then this was not his plan. At first he thought that we were just not supposed to be parents. When I brought up adoption he was very unsure. I am not sure if I have mentioned on this yet but he completely changed his mind when he saw the referral video of Melissa and Nathan's little boy Iliya.



Gerard loves idea that I have started a blog. I think he realizes how much this blog and reading other blogs have helped me to understand the process. Reading about everyone's experience has helped me to feel like any set back that I have had during this process is normal and that others have been waiting much longer then us.

Yesterday I showed Gerard a picture of Carey and Norman's little girl. His face lit up at the sight of her. We have not requested a specific gender but I have been telling him that because of the long wait for a girl we will probably be getting a boy. Since seeing Carey's little treasure he is now asking "Have you bought any dresses?"

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Blogging is so theraputic in so many ways! I met Carey's little girl today and she is beautiful!! Sounds like your hubby is right on board and that it doesn't matter what gender you get - such an exciting time!

Jane and Jim said...

What a great hubby you have - soooo supportive and it's also sooooo important!
Either gender will be a blessing!
Jane

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You know, I think you're right! I'm going to miss the process, too! I think the process of adoption can be long and seems like it takes forever, but it gives you something to do while you wait. Of course, every pregnancy comes to an end and then we can go on to the next stage. But, I will feel nostalgic, just like you!
Stacy

Christen L said...

The blogs and photos and videos have done wonders for Frank. He has really been put at ease with this whole thing through other families' experiences. It's amazing what the support from people you've never met can do!

Anita said...

That's a beautiful song! Blogging is great! And you are so encouraging to us when we need it too. Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog, I treasure them!